• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bryan Cranston cast as Lex Luthor

34 posts in this topic

I'm surprised to see people upset about Luthor being in a Superman movie. We didn't see him in a first movie, and he is a must for Superman movie, like Joker is a must for Batman movies. Luthor is also a good match for Batman in regards to intelligence. It would be odd to see Batman against someone like Doomsday.

I agree but I think everyone just wants to see more of supermans strength go up against someone equally as powerful. I also think its going to be hard for Batman to take a hit from another life form just based on the Man of Steel movie! Then again he is Batman.

Good points, but we all know that Luthor won't be the only villain this movie. It has been a rare thing to see Luthor fighting Superman alone aside from the original movie. That will especially be true now that we have another hero like Batman in the movie.

I can somewhat see a Public Enemies storyline from what we've heard about the movie so far.

I think we need to see what direction this movie is truly going in before jumping to any conclusions.

I think this is AWESOME !!....Anyone that has watched "Breaking Bad" can agree that not only is this the best show on TV, his portrayl of a character that goes from an underachiever to drug kingpin is spectacular. The metamorphous he undergoes in what is 1 year's time on the show, is completely believeable and a joy (as a viewer) to watch.

Truly one of the best TV shows ever.....

Another thing is when Lex Luthor is done correctly, he can be incredibly effective. Check out Superman the Animated Series, in particular "World's Finest" 3 part episode and the various episodes of "Justice League" animated series.

With the right tone, physical mannerims and an actor that can play it straight, this could be great....Bryan Cranston can and probably will be that actor.

BB is a great series and he is awesome in it...my only concern is he portrays LL to much like WW.

Breaking Krypton

Lex and Supes team up to profit when Lex has the perfect meth formula but has to have a particular frequency to cook it that can only be found within the heat vision of Supes.

I hope Lex find Braniac and they team up to jack Supes's world all to sheeeeeet

From the Wall Street Cheat Sheet:

"And as if all of these rumors weren’t enough, now there’s talk that Matt Damon is being considered for either Aquaman or the Martian Manhunter — which isn’t exactly a surprise given Affleck’s involvement, but should make for plenty of great Good Will Hunting jokes."

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Lex Luthor is THE bad guy in the Superman mythos. He is to Superman as Green Goblin is to Spider-Man. The reported deal to be in 6 flicks means it will be a build-up over time before something really big. Great casting choice.

Lex: "Doesn't it give you, like, a shudder of electricity... to be in the same room with me?"

Lex Luthor is THE bad guy in the Superman mythos. He is to Superman as Green Goblin is to Spider-Man. The reported deal to be in 6 flicks means it will be a build-up over time before something really big. Great casting choice.

Lex: "Doesn't it give you, like, a shudder of electricity... to be in the same room with me?"

+1. the best Supes stories i've read have utilized Luthor effectively. AS Superman for instance. the buffoonish/Silver Age Luthor will not be in Nolan/Snyder's universe. Throw in the Parasite or Doomsday with Luthor pulling the strings and you're good to go. How Batman figures in is a legitimate question.

Lex is the perfect choice.

A guy who has no superpowers fighting what may be the world strongest/greatest superhero with only his brain and his cunning.

To me this is far more interesting than most match ups.

When Superman has a good writer like in Kingdom Come or "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" I don't think there is much better out there.