• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Forum Philanthropy

132 posts in this topic

Can we donate non comicbook related items to auction off?

I know you're not asking me, and I don't have any say in th matter, but I can't imagine why not. You could even auction them yourself and just donate that cash.

Can we donate non comicbook related items to auction off?

I could donate a Frank Lloyd Wright style Stained Glass Panel.

I still have several left from a local Art Show I was in last month.

Lemme know, I can also dig around and find a comic or 3 for you to sell off.

Ze-

That would be great - thanks!

America's Best Comics nn (1967) FN-

Classics Illustrated #133 (The Time Machine) G

Doctor Solar

#8 G

#9 G

#15 VG

#16 G

#16 VG

#24 G

House Of Mystery #101 FN+

Invaders #1 VG/FN

Man From U.N.C.L.E. #4 VG

Star Trek

#1 VG

#1 VG+

#2 VG+

#2 FN

Strange Suspense Stories #77 G/VG

Three Stooges #42 FN

Time Tunnel

#1 VG/FN

#2 G

Turok

#30 VG

#24 G/VG

#34 G

#38 G/VG

#42 G

#45 G/VG

#51 G

#56 FN

#58 VG

(All Books Are Raw, More To Follow)

Thanks for all the great responses thus far! I want to get the Auctions up and running but am still waiting on receit of a few books. If anyone else has anything that they would like to donate please let me know.

Thanks so much for everything people,

DAM

Would anybody be able to help me host a few pics? I am trying to get these auctions up and running but have been battling a defunct website so far this week! frustrated.gif Damn free server! sorry.gif

If you can help can you PM me a good email address or feel free to email me directly.

Thanks in advance,

DAM

Atlas #1 VF/NM

Beowulf

#1 VF++

#1 VF/NM

#4 VF+

Brave And the Bold #82 VF

Captain Action

#1 VF++

#2 VF/NM

#5 VF+

Claw #2 VF+

Creeper

#2 VF

#5 VF++

#6 VF/VF+

Forever People

#3 VF

#4 VF/VF+

Giant-Size X-Men #2 FN+

Hawk And The Dove

#1 VF

#5 VF-

Justice #1 VF/NM

Kamandi

#27 VF

#27 VF-/VF

Kong

#1 VF

#1 NM-

#1 NM

#2 VF-

Mister Miracle

#2 NM-

#3 NM-

Kung-Fu Fighter

#1 VF+

#2 VF/VF+

Sandman

#1 VF+

#1 VF/NM

#1 NM-

#2 FN-

#2 VF-/VF

#2 VF/NM+

Sherlock Holmes #1 VF++

Showcase

#73 VF

#75 VF/VF+

Spectre #8 VF

Stalker

#2 VF

#2 VF

Tales Of Ghost Castle #1 VF+

Turok

#39 G

#111 G/VG

Would anybody be able to help me host a few pics? I am trying to get these auctions up and running but have been battling a defunct website so far this week! frustrated.gif Damn free server! sorry.gif

If you can help can you PM me a good email address or feel free to email me directly.

Thanks in advance,

DAM

Dave, See my PM.

Come on, I know most of you guys aren't poor judging from the books you buy so throw a few $$$ Dave's way for a worthy cause!!! And same goes for you lurking dealers!! 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Guys, so sorry for the delays! I have been pretty much at work for a full week straight and haven't done much else frown.gif

Thank you to everyone who have sent me some more books for the auction (more stuff

comes every day!) and thanks to everyone wha has offered to host some pics!

A special thank you to the winners of the grading contest for donating their prices! Right on thumbsup2.gif

I will try to put some of the first stuff on ebay relatively soon and the other stuff as it comes in. This has been a great influx of support! smile.gif

So thank you all for your patience and I will put something up pretty soon and will of course let everyone know what the tally is,

thanks,

DAM

Guys, just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your donations and your patience. Coming home from work every day has been pretty exciting to see what's arrived! Thank you all for your donations.

I will for sure have something starting on Saturday - although I probably won't have everything. There is a TON of stuff which is great! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'll keep you guys posted and again thank you for the donations and sorry for the delay!

DAM

With the exception of Marnin's books here's a listing thus far! If anyone has anything else send it my way at your convenience:

Batman 497 cgc 9.8 W

Captain America 111 cgc 8.0 OW

Daredevil 187 cgc 9.6 OW-W

Deathlock 29 cover

Scorpion sketch full color

Frankenstein 5 cgc 9.4 OW-W

Strange Adventures 234 cgc 9.4 OW

Eternal Warrior 1 raw 9.2 W

Iron Fist 1 raw 6.5 W-OW

1602 1 - 8 raw 9.4 - '9.8 W

House of Secrets 114 raw 7.0 OW

Spiderwoman 1 raw 9.0 OW-W

Silke 1 raw 9.4 W

Batman 207 raw 7.0 OW

Batman 199 raw 7.5 OW

Astonishing Tales 1 cgc 9.2 C-OW

What If? 35 cgc 9.6 W

Ms. Marvel 5 cgc 9.6 OW-W

Iron Fist 12 cgc 9.4 OW-W

Incredible Hulk 186 cgc 9.4 OW-W

Shazam 8 cgc 9.2 W

Iron Fist 5 cgc 9.0 OW-W

House of Mystery 229 cgc 9.0 OW-W

Tarzan 207 cgc 9.0 C-OW

Spectacular Spider-Man 1 cgc 9.2 OW-W

MTU 141 cgc 9.2 OW-W

Wolverine 4 cgc 9.6 W

ASM v2 36 cgc 9.0 W

DC 100 page Super Spectacular 14 cgc 9.0 A OW-W

Marvel Two in One 1 cgc 9.2 W

Power Man & Iron Fist 87 cgc 8.0 OW-W

ASM v1 264 cgc 9.4 OW-W

Crimefighters 1 cgc 3.5 na

Freedom Fighter Adventure 1 cgc 9.4 W

Winnie the Pooh 1 cgc 9.0 W

The Deep 1 cgc 9.4 W

Chilling Adventures in Sorcery 1 cgc 8.5 W

Weird Fantasy 11 cgc 5.0 OW

Uncanny X-Men 194 cgc 9.6 W

TMNT 20 cgc 9.6 W

Spirit 13 raw 4.0 OW

Batman 608 cgc 9.8 W

whew! Sorry for the poor formatting - I have a pretty sweet excel sheet all set up, this one didn't come over so pretty. The great original art and sig series books don't really come through on here.

Looking good guys, looking good! smile.gif

DAM

Guys, here's a quick charity update:

I just send emails to get C4K and ACTOr registerd on MissionFish. Ebay is much more advanced in terms of the charity work that they are conduction vs. last year and they had an explicit warning that they would cancel my auction if I didn't go through mission fish or include a scanned letter validating these auctions.

I do have to say that this isn't a bad idea as there are tons of scammers out there.

So, the point now is that I am almost there I just need the MissionFish acceptance.

I want to thank everyone for some really frigging awesome donations this year and to thank you all for your patience with me. I am WAY behind schedule and I apologize for that.

Thanks,

DAM

FYI, some of the auctions have started!

Auctions!

Thank you Greggy!! I will be listing stuff throughout the day - I want to get the vast majority of the slabs down and then list the art and some of the raw books - hopefully by Friday pm everything will be up wink.gif

Dave - the "JC Memorial Charity Drive" has ended and we need to know where to send our $$?!?!?

Mike, thanks! As soon as these auctions end we'll group that money and divy it up and split it out.

I ran into Quality Comics (Brent) at the national who donated a c-note! Any donations of cash are more than welcome as well. We can do that after all the auctions are done and get a final number.

We're on the way! smile.gif