• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Forum Philanthropy

132 posts in this topic

Just curious, how did people (like Greggy and BB13 or Rjpb and Newt Sampson) donate books together?

BB gave me a box from Philly of greggy's onsites that he wanted to donate and some of his own books. I can guess that the DC were greggy's and the Marvels were BB's but who knows.

I got a great note from Nikos61 where he sent two books that were donated by forum members rjpb and Newtsamson - from the grading contest.

So Dave, it looks like the images are located on another site other then mine. Can I take the images off my site?

That would be fine - thanks for the support OG - I have recently been able to tinker with my free server and it seems to be working fine now. . .

Thank you all for all your patience with me. It's not an excuse but I have been super busy with work and havent' had the time to dedicate to this till now . . .flowerred.gif

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for.....

My God

My Life

My Wife

Our children

DAVID MATTEINI and the DAM60 second Annual CGC FORUM PHILANTHROPY Drive!

The rest of my family

Air

Food

Water

27_laughing.gif

YOU GET THE POINT DAVID !!

LOOKING GOOD ON Ebay!

I was going to send NEFF a personal PM thank you.

But felt it was worth sharing with the board.

Long story short, I have a nephew who is going to be having severe cleft palate surgery soon, and Dr_Neff/Comics4kids was more then kind to us.

We got home from Thanksgiving weekend to find a VERY large box of Comics that arrived in the mail.

A LARGE box of comics to pass along to my Nephew while he is in the hospital for 3 weeks...

I was more then a bit surprised at how many comics he sent us, and my wife was in awe that someone would do this.

We are in your debt Neff, I thank you, and your donation will not be forgotton.

Your gift will go a long way to help this kid through a very ruff time, and perhaps even make a comic fan out of him.

thumbsup2.gif

Ze-

What if we want to donate a book for auction!

Do we need to chip it to Dam or can dam just send us the final destination info after it sells and we ship it direct to buyer?

What ever is easier! Thanks for the donation smile.gif

I still have TONS more stuff to list - I have had some ebay problems and hope to God that ebay doesn't end my auctions (they are yelling at me about having links to other sites in my auction yet since all my auctions have bids I don't know how to edit out the links! frustrated.gif)

Ebay catastrophe not withstanding, I will try to get some more stuff up this weekend - all you power sellers out there I have a new found respect smile.gif Thanks to all who have donated and to all those who have bid 893applaud-thumb.gif

I wanted to share this email that I got from Fred McSurley - right on Fred!

David,

I took the liberty of running a couple of auctions on behalf of CGC Forum Philanthropy. I just read your thread recently, and noticed your auctions

running.

I figured it was too late to send you books, so I went ahead with the auctions. They started last night, and will run 5 days. After they are settled, I'll send you the proceeds (less eBay & PayPal fees) fees. Let me know where to send the check. Hope you don't mind.

Best regards,

Fred McSurley

Warehouse Auction Centers

Dave,

Don't worry about sending my winnings out right away. I'm in no hurry to get them so feel free to send my books last. This way you can give non forum member winners faster service.

There are some good deals to be had. I've made off with a couple already for less then slab cost. thumbsup2.gif

I agree winning at slab cost is great. blush.gif. Nothing better than helping out good causes and building your CGC set at the same time.... grin.gif

Dave,

Don't worry about sending my winnings out right away. I'm in no hurry to get them so feel free to send my books last. This way you can give non forum member winners faster service.

Thanks OG and thanks to all for the bids! I was pretty happy with the results smile.gif

I am planning on mailing everything this Sat and then list some more stuff on Sunday 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I still have a few more slabs, some very nice art donations and some great raw books,