• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Forum Philanthropy

132 posts in this topic

I have the last of the slabs up now and the original art! Take a look! Tomorrow I will hopefully start on the raw books 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

All forumites who won books should start to get them today or tomorrow - I mailed everything priority on Sat out of my PO.

Thanks again to all for the donations. Anyone who wants to donate cash and skip the books I will be having an announcement about that after the books are sold (sorry, I can only keep track of so many things at once sorry.gif )

whew! that's all from me tonight,

Guys I first off wanted to give you all an apology for being so lax with the raw books. I do want to report that we have raised over $1000 so far (which is great!) and I have given C4K some funds already to help them with their advertising at the Emerald City Con, etc.

I will do my best to get some raw books listed this weekend and will then solicit cash donations for anyone that wants to contribute but hasn't already.

Thanks for all your patience with me,

DAM

Hey, no problem. It's the avatar and sig that we've all lost patience over... poke2.gif

you have me literally laughing out loud here smile.gif

Seeing Greggy chime in below I guess I'll be in the market for a new avatar . . . smile.gif

Hey, no problem. It's the avatar and sig that we've all lost patience over... poke2.gif

you have me literally laughing out loud here smile.gif

Seeing Greggy chime in below I guess I'll be in the market for a new avatar . . . smile.gif

My vote is for a Batman avatar. thumbsup2.gif

Will keep a look out for your eBay auctions. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Guys - very sorry for being so out of the loop. I still have a full short box full of raw donations that I will either send to a charity of the donors choice or send back to the donor. This year I bit off a more than I can chew. That being said, I do want to thank everyone who has donated and apologize to those people whose books I was unable to sell on behalf of the CGC Forums Philanthropy initiative.

From the cgc books and original art we were able to clear $1,200 (I have the exact number on a spread sheet at home and will fill in later) and so far I have been able to distribute the proceeds to Comics4Kids and will distribute the proceeds (plus the paypal interest of about $3) to ACTOR and CBLDF immediately.

Regards,

Dave

Guys - very sorry for being so out of the loop. I still have a full short box full of raw donations that I will either send to a charity of the donors choice or send back to the donor. This year I bit off a more than I can chew. That being said, I do want to thank everyone who has donated and apologize to those people whose books I was unable to sell on behalf of the CGC Forums Philanthropy initiative.

From the cgc books and original art we were able to clear $1,200 (I have the exact number on a spread sheet at home and will fill in later) and so far I have been able to distribute the proceeds to Comics4Kids and will distribute the proceeds (plus the paypal interest of about $3) to ACTOR and CBLDF immediately.

Regards,

Dave

sumo.gif

There's NO PLACE for real life on these boards!

Seriously though, I'm glad that at least $1,200 was raised, but I'm not sure I understand what you're going to do with the raw books. I want to maximize the value of what I donated, granted it wasn't much, but those comics weren't meant to be donated to comics4kids, they're collctibles for cripe's sake insane.gif.

Unless you're saying these charities have the means in place to sell the comics on their own and would be happy to receive the books instead of the $$, then that's okay. On the other hand, if they're not going to a charity that would do that, I guess I'd just like to get the books back to sell them and donate the money on my own.

Am I making sense here?