• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James Spader as Ultron?

56 posts in this topic

I met James Spader when I worked at Blockbuster Video when I was in high school. He was a Richard. I timidly went up to him and asked for his autograph and his reply was "I'd rather not. I don't want to draw attention to myself"... :facepalm:

:gossip: I went on the loudspeaker and said "welcome James Spader to the store"... he was not pleased. He put his foreign films back on the shelf and stormed out.

:roflmao:

:applause::applause::applause:

I met James Spader when I worked at Blockbuster Video when I was in high school. He was a Richard. I timidly went up to him and asked for his autograph and his reply was "I'd rather not. I don't want to draw attention to myself"... :facepalm:

:gossip: I went on the loudspeaker and said "welcome James Spader to the store"... he was not pleased. He put his foreign films back on the shelf and stormed out.

:applause::applause::applause:

Funny story!! lol

Who was the Richard? hm(shrug)lol

James Spader can't get his manservant to fetch a foreign video tape?

lol He tried to big-time you and you turned the tables. Nice! :applause:

i'm in Spader's corner on this one

lol He tried to big-time you and you turned the tables. Nice! :applause:

I think you won the role of Richard III in that audition

Spader was asked by The Inquirer whether he had started preparing yet for the role. "I have spoken to Joss Whedon about it," he said, "And yes, actually, just this weekend I went in for them to take very extensive photographs, head scans, body scans, and all kinds of things in preparation for figuring out how the hell I'm gonna fit in this Ultron character!"

Speaking to The Independent, he added, "I think it'll be a lot of fun and it's incredibly nostalgic for me. When I was a kid my best friend had trunks of comics and I didn't have any so I used to love going for sleepovers at his house. Also I have three sons and two of them have a great interest in comics so they're excited I'm playing the role."

Meanwhile, Scarlett Johansson was interviewed by Darren Aronofsky for the October issue of Interview Magazine and gave this update on Avengers: Age of Ultron (via NY Daily News): "We'll be shooting that in January. I think we're taking it to the streets this time, I think we're going overseas."