• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you are going to sell books to other boardies...

355 posts in this topic

How did it all evolve into what is going on now in the thread?

I poked the bear. Sorry.

If poking the bear meant being a pot stirring Richard then you get first place.

You've got to come up with a better "insult" than "pot stirrer". When I see you write that, I think of you as Richard Nixon shouting "Woodward and Bernstein are a bunch of pot stirrers, they must be stopped!"

See, there you go again making this some sort of battle. I wasn't trying to insult you.

If the wooden spoon fits.... lol

Weren't trying to insult me? Did I misunderstand your use of "Richard" there?

Yeah, but you were specifically referring to "pot stirrer", which is what I replied to. ;)

Ah, a classic Roy obtuse deflection/spin. "I wasn't trying to insult you" :roflmao: You always have some kind of way to weasel out of your lies. If you had used "pot stirrer" as a noun you might have a leg to stand on.

That's not an insult, it's a fact, as corroborated by you a few weeks ago.

I corroborated in 2 minutes ago, but you're being disingenuous at best. But that's not surprising, you called someone ignorant and tried to spin that as not being an insult either.

You should just stop now, you have more to lose than me.

You've got to come up with a better "insult" than "pot stirrer". When I see you write that, I think of you as Richard Nixon shouting "Woodward and Bernstein are a bunch of pot stirrers, they must be stopped!"

See, there you go again making this some sort of battle. I wasn't trying to insult you.

Yeah, but you were specifically referring to "pot stirrer", which is what I replied to. ;)

Ah, a classic Roy obtuse deflection/spin. "I wasn't trying to insult you" :roflmao: You always have some kind of way to weasel out of your lies. If you had used "pot stirrer" as a noun you might have a leg to stand on.

Dude, are we both using the same language? I replied to your post as correctly quoted above. There was no mention of the word Richard in that quote.

You accused me of trying to insult you with the phrase "pot stirrer".

I replied that you are a pot stirrer and that you don't deny it so it wasn't an insult.

If you meant to say Richard then I would have addressed that too. I can't read your mind. (shrug)

You most definitely act like a Richard on this forum. You keep coming back with shill names on a website for a company you despise only to insult people or stir the pot.

That might be an insult, but if the insult fits is it still an insult?

Recent examples of very well packaged parcels that I've received from boardmembers came from Aces and Neeidea. Maybe we should start a list of boardies with excellent packaging methods. hm

Then you go on the list! Those recent JIMs I bought were packed so well that when the box was sqauashed...the comics were still safe. I was amazed they survived!

I vote for Gaz973! :applause:

Dude, are we both using the same language? I replied to your post as correctly quoted above. There was no mention of the word Richard in that quote.

I replied that you are a pot stirrer and that you don't deny it so it wasn't an insult.

If you meant to say Richard then I would have addressed that too. I can't read your mind. (shrug)

You most definitely act like a Richard on this forum. You keep coming back with shill names on a website for a company you despise only to insult people or stir the pot.

That might be an insult, but if the insult fits is it still an insult?

Don't feed the troll!

How did it all evolve into what is going on now in the thread?

I poked the bear. Sorry.

If poking the bear meant being a pot stirring Richard then you get first place.

You haven't been here a month and you're already familiar with the Roy classics? hm

It took me at least 60 days

The thing that amazes me is how many long time members don't realise that it's Stu straight away.

He ain't exactly subtle but there are always the "you sure know a lot about the forums for someone who's been here five nanoseconds" comments. lol

Recent examples of very well packaged parcels that I've received from boardmembers came from Aces and Neeidea. Maybe we should start a list of boardies with excellent packaging methods. hm

Then you go on the list! Those recent JIMs I bought were packed so well that when the box was sqauashed...the comics were still safe. I was amazed they survived!

I vote for Gaz973! :applause:

Thanks Marc. :foryou:

The thing that amazes me is how many long time members don't realise that it's Stu straight away.

He ain't exactly subtle but there are always the "you sure know a lot about the forums for someone who's been here five nanoseconds" comments. lol

Noob.

So many complaints, so much frustration. You guys don't know how good you have it. I buy a lot of foreign books ranging from the Philippines to Mexico, Europe, Thailand, India and Australia. You haven't seen bad packaging until you've purchased comics from someone in say... Paraguay. lol

I've had books come in wrapped in nothing more than a paper bag folded over at the top and sealed with two pieces of tape. Not packing tape mind you, just regular tape.

One time a seller sent me a book in a tube. Kind of like a poster tube but shorter (roughly 8" tall and maybe 3" diameter) with a piece of paper taped over each end. Again, not packing tape, just regular tape.

I admit I'm just :baiting: you guys but these are true accounts. I agree 100% that anyone dealing in collectibles of any kind should take the time to learn the proper way to ship what they're selling. I don't sell much anymore but any time I do whatever I'm shipping is reinforced with cardboard, bubble wrapped, empty space filled with packing peanuts or newspaper and boxed. It doesn't matter to me if it's a $3 book or a $3000 book. 2c

lol You're going to stick with that, huh? Semantics 'til you die! Just like last time, "I'm asking a question, aren't I?" :makepoint: Well, no need to belabor this further, your responses reflect your personality perfectly. I dub thee: The Weasel! Instead of "snikt" your sound effect will be "Rzzzzz." Maybe you can fight Squirrel Girl...

But Royspeak is fun, let me try:

"Roy is a dirty hippy (sic)"

"Oh, sorry, I wasn't trying to insult you, I was just saying you need to take a shower and wash around your waist"

Yup, just as lame :facepalm:

Oh, and I think Mr. Pontoon and Mr. Evans would like to speak with you :insane:

Anyone read about the flack that Amazon has received from the way they ship things out?

I think they have improved a lot in the past six months and they now actively solicit feedback on packaging -- a sign they are trying to get better.

Nope.... You should see what they have been doing...

Over on Rebelscum... someone ordered a Star Wars ship and they decided that simply putting packing labels on the factory box was good enough. This was going on with almost all of the units. Enough people complained and then Amazon decided to change their packaging process.

I ordered the new R2-D2 6" Series for my desk. Good thing I planned on opening it. They put that in an envelope and the whole thing came crushed within the envelope. All the parts were there but maybe that was because I was lucky.

Link: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Amazon_Addresses_Slave_I_Shipping_153657.asp

ScreenShot2013-08-30at54127PM.png

The message board REBELSCUM did a great job with making Amazon change their ways and fixing things to make it right! (thumbs u

Anyone read about the flack that Amazon has received from the way they ship things out?

I think they have improved a lot in the past six months and they now actively solicit feedback on packaging -- a sign they are trying to get better.

Over on Rebelscum... someone ordered a Star Wars ship and they decided that simply putting packing labels on the factory box was good enough. This was going on with almost all of the units. Enough people complained and then Amazon decided to change their packaging process.

I ordered the new R2-D2 6" Series for my desk. Good thing I planned on opening it. They put that in an envelope and the whole thing came crushed within the envelope. All the parts were there but maybe that was because I was lucky.

Link: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Amazon_Addresses_Slave_I_Shipping_153657.asp

The message board REBELSCUM did a great job with making Amazon change their ways and fixing things to make it right! (thumbs u

I just received 15 Mach 3 Cartridges... in a box. The cartridges were sent in a box. Black Series R2-D2? Package crushed as it was sent in an envelope. Go figure.

I just received 15 Mach 3 Cartridges... in a box. The cartridges were sent in a box. Black Series R2-D2? Package crushed as it was sent in an envelope. Go figure.

Razor blades are small and expensive. Easily stolen. That's why the box.

Razorblades would have sufficed in the same bubble mailers that they have sent everything else out in. No one would know what was on the inside.

Razorblades would have sufficed in the same bubble mailers that they have sent everything else out in. No one would know what was on the inside.

Then I'm going with option B.......

They were worried the razor blades could cut someone's hands, if the package was damaged in transit. :)

Stu, your logic is flawed.

Let's try this again. This is the first quote I replied to:

You accused me of trying to insult you with "pot stirrer". Its quoted above.

I replied to that sentence that I wasn't trying to insult you with "pot stirrer" because you admitted to being one. Hence the "wooden spoon" comment.

The only mistake I made is that I didn't insert "pot stirrer" after the word you (added now in red for clarification). I didn't think I'd need to clarify it.

Here is my reply:

See, there you go again making this some sort of battle. I wasn't trying to insult you with "pot stirrer".

I actually don't even think I remember calling you a Richard when I typed that 2nd reply up.

It's not semantics, it's simple English. I'm actually trying to be as open as I can with you but you're going out of your way to "win" yet again. You're the one arguing semantics.

---------------------------------------

lol You're going to stick with that, huh? Semantics 'til you die! Just like last time, "I'm asking a question, aren't I?" :makepoint: Well, no need to belabor this further, your responses reflect your personality perfectly. I dub thee: The Weasel! Instead of "snikt" your sound effect will be "Rzzzzz." Maybe you can fight Squirrel Girl...

But Royspeak is fun, let me try:

"Roy is a dirty hippy (sic)"

"Oh, sorry, I wasn't trying to insult you, I was just saying you need to take a shower and wash around your waist"

Yup, just as lame :facepalm:

Oh, and I think Mr. Pontoon and Mr. Evans would like to speak with you :insane:

Now, using your example quoted above, your logic is flawed because in the initial example that we're arguing over there was only one subject - "pot stirrer". You've split the argument into 2 subjects - "dirty" and "hippy", creating what I think is called a "Straw Man" arguement, meaning you're introducing something that wasn't in the original discussion. It's a subtle deflection but it creates a completely different argument.

So using your example above, it would be as if I had asked "Did you insult me by calling me a hippy?" and you replied "no, because you are a hippy".

Am I making sense?

I actually can't believe you're going on and on about this. What kind of person does that? :facepalm:

I'm not surprised though. The best defense is a strong offense, and instead of admitting even the possibility that you might be wrong, you'd rather just pour on the hate.

You've spent a decade trying to insult and discredit Borock (who if anyone has met in person will readily admit is probably one of the kindest people in comics), repeatedly come back create shill accounts to stay in a place that doesn't want you, and you are argumentative and insulting over the most trivial things.

That's what kind of person goes on and on about something like this.

I only go after you on this forum when I believe you are misrepresenting something. In this case you hurled the first insult at me in this thread by calling me a liar (unprovoked, which I feel is important to add) so I'm just defending myself but for the sake of the forum, I'll drop this.

You're not a nice person my man, but I do wish you good luck in whatever you choose to do.