• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which courier to use when shipping from Canada?

16 posts in this topic

I'm a bit apprehensive of leaving valuable raw comics at a comic shop to handle..

We understand that , so if a few board members will vouch for someone. That should go a long way to helping you with your decision.

I see you are new here , Welcome.

Understand , if people had a problem with Paradise, you would be reading about it.

How much is the value of the books? Canada post will only insure for $1500.

I recently used Fed ex as my lot was worth more than $1500 and wanted insurance on the books...it was not cheap. If you have insurance that will cover the books then I would suggest using an overnight or 1 day shipping method as the less time in transit the better.

When sending them down be sure to fill out paperwork to ensure you don't get dinged with customs there is a link on the boards somewhere which tells you which ones to do.

I use Canada post.

I used Paradise comics once for the SS treatment on my ASM #50 and they did not return it.

I actually had to call them and ask where my book was. It got lost in their system and was sitting around the shop with nobody seemly having an idea where it was to go until I phoned.

I use Canada post.

I used Paradise comics once for the SS treatment on my ASM #50 and they did not return it.

I actually had to call them and ask where my book was. It got lost in their system and was sitting around the shop with nobody seemly having an idea where it was to go until I phoned.

That's the type of thing I would be afraid of. Aside from the fact that no one would be as careful handling my comics as I would be.

I use Canada post.

That's the type of thing I would be afraid of. Aside from the fact that no one would be as careful handling my comics as I would be.

I know Paradise didn't do it with malicious intent or to profit off of it.

It simply got "lost" and the book was eventually returned to me when I inquired about it.

I use Canada post.

Unfortunately, there's risk to your books no matter what route you take. Give them to an authorized dealer and it could get lost or they could damage it. Ship it and no matter which company you choose there could be damage. If CGC comes to the TO show submitting them yourself at the show is probably the cheapest and safest option.

If you do ship them yourself pack them in cardboard, put that in a box with padding and then pack that box ina bigger box with peanuts. Double boxes for valuable books is a must.

I use Canada post.

Unfortunately, there's risk to your books no matter what route you take. Give them to an authorized dealer and it could get lost or they could damage it. Ship it and no matter which company you choose there could be damage. If CGC comes to the TO show submitting them yourself at the show is probably the cheapest and safest option.

If you do ship them yourself pack them in cardboard, put that in a box with padding and then pack that box ina bigger box with peanuts. Double boxes for valuable books is a must.

I'm going to hold all of my books and wait for CGC to come to a Toronto show...

I use Canada post.

I'm going to hold all of my books and wait for CGC to come to a Toronto show...

[font:Book Antiqua]Is Wizard Comic convention coming to Toronto any time soon?[/font]

:popcorn: