• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the Best "Housing" for Slabs?

15 posts in this topic

Hey all - looking for something to store my slabs in. Have been using the mylites2 (the 9x14 ones that are for slabs), but they are a fair bit bigger than the slabs...... what do you think are the best products out there for bagging the slabs?

Appreciate the input! And I am looking to buy a few hundred of whatever product I decide to get, so all shameless endorsements of what you like are welcomed!

joey

Hey Joey :hi:

I have bought mine from this guy lately and I have got to say they are excellent, crystal clear and a snug fit, says he gets them made himself (shrug)

He does ship worldwide but may not be cost effective for you though, as he is in the UK :sorry:

I will ship you a dozen bags over to trial them if you cant get sorted with something decent.

Good luck bro :wishluck:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/cgc-comic-bags-comes-with-a-self-sealing-strip-/231037940416?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item35caef32c0

Thanks for all the responses guys. I realize my question was poorly worded.

i'm asking what boardies think the best material to "bag" slabs is? I'm using the Mylites2 9x14 which are the ones they recommend for slabs (and I bought from hotflips), but i'm asking if anyone thinks there is a superior product (and who sells it....might be be hotflips, or perhaps someone else).

The mylite2s are nice, they just take up more room than needed - meaning there is extra material on both sides of the book....would love for it to fit more snug.

Any other suggestions?

Hey Joey :hi:

I have bought mine from this guy lately and I have got to say they are excellent, crystal clear and a snug fit, says he gets them made himself (shrug)

He does ship worldwide but may not be cost effective for you though, as he is in the UK :sorry:

I will ship you a dozen bags over to trial them if you cant get sorted with something decent.

Good luck bro :wishluck:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/cgc-comic-bags-comes-with-a-self-sealing-strip-/231037940416?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item35caef32c0

Thanks brother, will for sure check it out!

The mylite2s are nice, they just take up more room than needed - meaning there is extra material on both sides of the book....would love for it to fit more snug.

Any other suggestions?

I wonder if the loose fit is good for slabs = allows for the off gassing ?

Any other suggestions?

Not sure - to this point, i've left them un"bagged" and would definitely like to hear the group's opinion on that!

Any other suggestions?

Not sure - to this point, i've left them un"bagged" and would definitely like to hear the group's opinion on that!

+1