• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I submit this book to the November Heritage auction?

25 posts in this topic

So it appears that Heritage is going to use the cover image of Supes, Batman, and Robin from WF #2 on the cover of the November auction catalog. Is this a unique opportunity to sell the highest graded copy of that issue? It seems like a lot of free advertising for the book, but enough to balance out the roughly 30% of fees to Heritage? What do you think?

h_zps06002ef2.jpg

worldsfinest2.jpg

I would not use Heritage as a matter of principle, due to their fees.

I would say that they're trying to capitalize on the new Batman/Superman film. It may be a good time to move that book if you've grown tired of it, regardless of what venue you choose.

Beautiful book!

A friend of mine asked Heritage about the thumbnail for a previous auction because he was interested in the depicted book. He was told that they just use nice images of items from prior auctions as placeholders until they have decided on the cover.

If you want the highest return on your investment, I would list it withHa.com, they have by far the best internet site for auctions in the world and the largest number of buyers. Since it is on the cover it is a no brainer. If you get 40% more then who cares about the fees, it is the greatest NET return that counts.

Jeff,

This book is an absolute beauty and I'll definitely bid on it wherever you put it up for auction.

Personally, I don't think HA is a good choice for this book. Even if the final price ends up at (theoretically) about 40% more than what it would go for on CC or CL -although I highly doubt it would sell for much more than CC or CL- you'd still have to leave about 30% of the final price on the table. If you theoretically score about 40% more with HA, counting in their ridiculously high fees you'd end up with just a tiny bit more than what you'd get at CC or CL. That is, of course, if it makes the 40%. I think talking about highly theoretical % is obscure speculation and loads of hot air. Fact is they charge the heck out of people who sell on their site and I don't think it's worth it for the most part.

CL always has a nice selection of GA and SA books but I very often see GA books getting lost between SA stuff. Most of the times, GA books sell for decent prices, but there are plenty of non-maintitled books that sell for record lows. I've had good experiences selling SA books on CL. Non- Action/ Detective/ Batman GA books not so much.

CC usually gets good prices on GA books and only keeps 10% of the final price. They have a good balance of GA and SA books and I don't see many superhero books selling for under GPA. This is what I would probably go with if I were to auction this book off. 2c

[font:Times New Roman]Wrong time to sell, unless you need the juice for something else. I'd wait until there's more media buzz around the Superman/Batman movie. hm

Given the fact that the film could tank (DC flicks have been hit & miss) the best strategic placement would be the most favorable auction just prior to the film's release. My 2c [/font]

Stock market is due for a correction in Sept\Oct.

The wealth effect will trickle down to comic book auctions if this happens.

Along with the Merry Ale Drinker's comments, I would hold if you don't need to sell.

So it appears that Heritage is going to use the cover image of Supes, Batman, and Robin from WF #2 on the cover of the November auction catalog. Is this a unique opportunity to sell the highest graded copy of that issue? It seems like a lot of free advertising for the book, but enough to balance out the roughly 30% of fees to Heritage? What do you think?

h_zps06002ef2.jpg

worldsfinest2.jpg

Prices usually increase before the movie. You probably have a year to reach the frenzy peak at the time of the next SDCC.

Along with the Merry Ale Drinker's comments, I would hold if you don't need to sell.

Meaning that people will buy more comics because they will be disappointed in the return on storks or they will buy fewer comics because they will have lost money in the stock market? hm

Meaning that people will buy more comics because they will be disappointed in the return on storks or they will buy fewer comics because they will have lost money in the stock market? hm

images_51fac61f9606ee5b475df8cb.jpg>>> :o