• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

I picked up 13 of the 14 3D covers at Midtown Downtown about an hour ago. It wasn't "hectic" at all and they had a pretty good amount of stock on all of this week's 3D covers, save for the Dial E one. An employee told me they only got a couple of those and were already sold out.

I did find a few Dial E 3D covers at another shop, but they were $8 each.

Scooped all 14 covers at Midtown Times Square about an hour ago. In and out in 10 minutes, not really crowded at all. No indication of any short stacks from what I could see. I'm glad next week is the last week for these!

Been fun though!

Sorry I missed you, I was there just before 9 and the line was long, no line at the Downtown store. Forbidden Planet didn't get all their issues in, filled three out of my five sets. I have to say this was the worst week as far as quality control, lots of corner dings.

looks like Bane, Doomsday, and Parasite for next weeks release just got a little tougher to get... retailers are going to get allocated on the allocations for these three... seesh
yeah but most of these were near 100% of orders, so even the "reduced" allocations still mean there will be plenty on the shelves... still better than darkseid, cyborg, etc, which still linger in most areas... will be no issue at all imo

Glad the LCS I have my subscription at is run by a fair guy.

I'm a fairly new customer to the store, and the owner has been great about trying to get me a copy of the 3D covers I've been requesting. He said he was going to be heavily allocated on Harley last week, and I was pleasantly surprised when there was one waiting for me in my box. Hoping my luck holds out for the last 2 weeks! I'm only asking for 3 this week and 5 of next week's. Fingers crossed.

Also, lol @ "Bedroom Sellers"

Just came back from my LCS; sold out were (in villainous alphabetical order):

Black Hand

Cheetah

Clayface

Dial E (even though allocated here, even the 2Ds sold out :cry: but managed to get a 2D in my pull... :cool:)

Lex Luthor

Ra's Al Ghul

Rogues

Scarecrow

Shadow Thief (grabbed the last one... :grin:)

There were a couple of Arcanes left; about 8 Deathstrokes; will attempt to get hold of a Dial E 3D either on eBay or Mid-Ohio... :wishluck:

Good lord.

Went to local downtown shop before they opened. Good thing too, as they opened a few minutes early. I think I was third to reach the shelves. No Dial E on shelves. Eclipso and Ras Al Ghul were gone before I could grab a copy. Not sure if Shadow Thief was even on the shelves. I picked up the other 10 books. Literally a minute after they opened their doors (still before their posted opening time) I think they were down to a handful of copies of Scarecrow and Penguin. Everything else was gone. This was at one copy per person.

:o:o

folks were buying a lot of multiples at my local shop...he had about 4 or 5 of the titles at $6-$10, the rest at cover.

i decided not to try and speculate. i wouldn't have last week except there were still joker covers left at one place (albeit, limit 1 per customer) so I said what the heck

How many books come out in week 4

I think the last 12 are out next week.

My LCS had none on the shelf as usual, all went to subscribers. I managed to get 11 out of the 14. The 3 I need to order are Cheetah, Dial E and Eclipso.