• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

My impressions of this week's haul.

Shadow Thief. 7.3 I like the story and art. I was not familiar with this villain.

Deathstroke 23.2 Cover is awesome. Story is the origin again. Artis like someone started it and another finished it. uneven.

Cheetah 23.1 I like the origin which I never read fully. Bloody cheetah bloody.

Arcane 23.1 great 3D cover. The art starts out detailed then gets rushed. Odd story for a villain I have not heard of.

Hel 23.3 I am not a fan of the Krypton based villains.

Dial E 23.3 I couldn't follow the story. The art is like each penciller got 2 pages. Bizarre comic.

Black Hand 23.3 I like the story despite plot falls. Get shot, go to jail? A walking dead hero.

Rogues 23.3. Looks it is the DC sinister six. D-list version. Yawn.

Scarecrow 23.3 A Forever Evil Tie-in with other villains. I was hoping for an in-depth origin longer than the movie.

Clayface 23.3 This was a great read. It reminds me of the Thing's humor but more violent. I will have to pick up the Clayface appearances.

Penguin 23.3 I am not a penquin fan since the Devito image was burned into me. This Penguin is more business like, confident and evil. What a well written story.

Lex Luthor 23.3 Never a fan of this villain. Not a bad read. There are times that Luthor looks like the 30's Henri character in some panels.

Eclipso 23.2 The Phillip Tan art at the start is stunning. It becomes uneven through the comic. The story is above average.

Ra's al Ghul 23.3 Ok everything. Follows the Dark Knight movie. Is Thalia alive?

I thought this was a good week of comics vs. the last two.

Thanks for this write-up! You have me interested to read the Clayface and Penguin issues first. I wonder if a lot of people will feel the same about the Dial E issue, which will make a curious conflict for collectors. Pick it up for scarcity, even if the issue sucks?

My LCS had every issue except for Dial E

Was able to pick up Deathstroke, Cheetah, Eclipso, and Luthor. Also, picked up a copy of Creeper from week1. Happy with the haul. Based on this thread, I should have picked up Clayface as well.

I picked up 12 of the 14 at my LCS. Still need to find Dial E and Shadow Thief. Talking to the guys there, they have been noticing more and more people showing up at opening now on Wednesdays. I have been notcing the higher traffic as well. Hopefully all of this higher traffic makes people buy more books in gerneral, that is good for the business as a whole.

It has been the most fun I've had with comics in a long time. These covers are great and although my wallet will be happy when its over, I will miss the chase.

+1

I so agree. People are excited at the store and waiting for the noon opening.

The LSC said that DC is not making much despite the $3.99 cover.

Rogues 23.3. Looks it is the DC sinister six. D-list version. Yawn.

The Rogues are so awesome though. Some of the best villains in the DCU.

I have to agree, they seem lame until you read the stories. Johns Rogue stories are great.

Arcane and Clayface are the hot covers out of this week's lot. Clayface is hitting $20 on ebay. Arcane was a short ordered Swamp Thing issue.

I managed to get all 14 covers from 3 shops. Paid cover price for 13 of them but I had to pay $7.99 for the Clayface cover.

One more week of Wed. pandemonium.