• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Again its not that DC ran out of paper stock they just didn't print enough.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/14/dc-comics-state-3d-cover-shortage-down-to-limited-paper-stock/

Again go ahead and believe that excuse. This event was planned many months ago I would venture at the very least 3-4 months before order to print. Ran out of paper (so laughable), DC took a bet it wouldn't sell that well and didn't print enough, go figure they didn't think the event would work. Makes you wonder why they did it in the first place. Clearly their departments and not communicating on the same page.

Again its not that DC ran out of paper stock they just didn't print enough.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/14/dc-comics-state-3d-cover-shortage-down-to-limited-paper-stock/

Again go ahead and believe that excuse. This event was planned many months ago I would venture at the very least 3-4 months before order to print. Ran out of paper (so laughable), DC took a bet it wouldn't sell that well and didn't print enough, go figure they didn't think the event would work. Makes you wonder why they did it in the first place. Clearly their departments and not communicating on the same page.

Well, glad we got to the bottom of that! I guess we should have asked you first....

If a new drug hit the streets the kids would call it THR3E-D3E.... Creates a big buzz, makes you see optical illusions.... You can't get it from your regular dealer and the first one is most definitely not free.

Mofo's be fienin' for it day and night.

Blowin' up eBay, J-Daughter outta sight

Hittin' up midtown, crack a bat

Start a fight

Gimme that THE3E-D3E

Limit one, not two three

Butta flies amongst killa bees

Lenticular is da new scene

Self-quote

If a new drug hit the streets the kids would call it THR3E-D3E.... Creates a big buzz, makes you see optical illusions.... You can't get it from your regular dealer and the first one is most definitely not free.

Mofo's be fienin' for it day and night.

Blowin' up eBay, J-Daughter outta sight

Hittin' up midtown, crack a bat

Start a fight

Gimme that THE3E-D3E

Limit one, not two three

Butta flies amongst killa bees

Lenticular is da new scene

Self-quote

Clever and still the funniest thing I've read in a while. lol

well I keep thinking that if DC really wanted this to be the event that it has become, with people lining up and bugging their friendly haggard LCS owners.........they would have blitzed the press...'new technology 3D covers'....I have a feeling that their PR department held back to not make a 'problem' worse....

Ok I have to ask but taking a poll here. Who says it is worth buying a Jokers Daughter 3D for let's say 60 bucks or more? Will the prices go up for that specific issue?

If you pay $60 you should be able to sell them for 7 to 10 times that withing 3 to 8 weeks :shy::grin::sick:

Disappointing week at my LCS. Last week they said I could request they hold a set for me this week (of the ones they did have enough after subs). Well, seems I show up and they can't find them. Shop had 3 available when they opened this morning:

Action Comics Lex Luthor

Batman Robin Ras al ghul and the League of Assasins

Batman Penguin

Decided to wait and pick up the pulled one after work, so didn't grab them.

Only ones they had left when I got there before they closed was:

Batman Penguin

Superman Hell

they also had a stack of Riddler from last week, that's the only one of the previous weeks.

Went to a second shop at lunch just to see how they were doing, here's what they had less than an hour after they opened:

Superman Hell

Wonder Woman Cheetah

Justice League America Shadow Thief (7.3) (only one left)

Flash Rogues (only one left)

Green Lantern Black Hand (only one left)

Here's my thoughts on the Joker's Daughter 3-D phenomenon going on on eBay at the moment. Everyone is seeing $100+ prices BEFORE the comic is released. Now consider how people will pick up a copy next week and say, "Eff it! I'm putting it up on eBay for a quick hundred dollars!" And wallah, there will be a flood of JDs on eBay this time next week. I highly doubt the $100+ price will be sustainable on all of them. Hell, I may just put my copy up on there if I can snag one and if prices remain that high! hm

Here's my thoughts on the Joker's Daughter 3-D phenomenon going on on eBay at the moment. Everyone is seeing $100+ prices BEFORE the comic is released. Now consider how people will pick up a copy next week and say, "Eff it! I'm putting it up on eBay for a quick hundred dollars!" And wallah, there will be a flood of JDs on eBay this time next week. I highly doubt the $100+ price will be sustainable on all of them. Hell, I may just put my copy up on there if I can snag one and if prices remain that high! hm

Correct +1 ,

24 hr Auction the Second I have one in Hand

The only way to go ....

Correct +1 ,

24 hr Auction the Second I have one in Hand

The only way to go ....

+2

Who knows what it will do long term but $60 on a book nobody read that nobody knows how many are out and happens to be the 2nd not 1st appearance ? Not for me lol

Why ridicule the guy asking about buying one ? Are we really going to act like that I'm here now. I've gotten some great advice and hot good deals from fellow boardies but being a just to be a to someone asking an honest question should go against the community you have built. Be inclusive not exclusive. Just my 2 cents. And for the guy who asked I wouldn't for 60 it may only be a 30-40 profit. Which is ok but worth a 60 investment I don't think so. I know I'm guaranteed 1 at cover maybe two so I'll be flipping them right away. I think they are at there highest point in terms of buzz..

Why ridicule the guy asking about buying one ? Are we really going to act like that I'm here now. I've gotten some great advice and hot good deals from fellow boardies but being a just to be a to someone asking an honest question should go against the community you have built. Be inclusive not exclusive. Just my 2 cents. And for the guy who asked I wouldn't for 60 it may only be a 30-40 profit. Which is ok but worth a 60 investment I don't think so. I know I'm guaranteed 1 at cover maybe two so I'll be flipping them right away. I think they are at there highest point in terms of buzz..

+1 Don't let it bother you like someone said they were selling the dial e 3d for 30 then immediately a few post they wouldn't pay that...that isn't even the point. If it sells in 5 minutes or less at 30 why would anyone put it down to 25. Whatever the market will bear let it be. Just because one boardie wouldn't buy it for 30 doesn't have any bearing on what its actually selling for or belittle a question from a member here.