• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Went into my LCS around 2pm today. They had my pull which were the Bat books. On the shelf, no other 3D covers. Was talking with employee and she told me that they had people lined up before they opened to try to get the 3D covers. She said they werent even pull file members. I'm just hoping next week she is able to get me all 4 Bat books so I can finish Batman Rogues gallery. fingers crossed!

I just read that a boardie pre-screened 10 Poison Ivy's and only 4 met the 9.8 minimum!

From Comics General- for those that may have missed it!

.. on the DC "villains month" 3D covers.

My last shipment was bent and there is still no marking on these. You'd need a hammer to blunt a corner on these bad boys.

i checked the poison ivy issues and the corners were fine, its the covers themselves. under e right light you can see scratches and such. 10 copies of poison ivy and 4 passed a 9.8 prescreen.

Was that a CGC prescreen? I've noticed the scratches too and I was wondering how they would treat them.

Why ridicule the guy asking about buying one ? Are we really going to act like that I'm here now. I've gotten some great advice and hot good deals from fellow boardies but being a just to be a to someone asking an honest question should go against the community you have built. Be inclusive not exclusive. Just my 2 cents. And for the guy who asked I wouldn't for 60 it may only be a 30-40 profit. Which is ok but worth a 60 investment I don't think so. I know I'm guaranteed 1 at cover maybe two so I'll be flipping them right away. I think they are at there highest point in terms of buzz..

+1 Don't let it bother you like someone said they were selling the dial e 3d for 30 then immediately a few post they wouldn't pay that...that isn't even the point. If it sells in 5 minutes or less at 30 why would anyone put it down to 25. Whatever the market will bear let it be. Just because one boardie wouldn't buy it for 30 doesn't have any bearing on what its actually selling for or belittle a question from a member here.

The thing people have to remember is that there are a finite number of each issue, and if you are a completionist , you may have to pay more to finish your set. You can also take the view of I will wait till the prices go down. I believe prices may stay steady for a while, as people have jumped on the bandwagon late, and may want the set. Sets might be a great holiday gift.

Here's my thoughts on the Joker's Daughter 3-D phenomenon going on on eBay at the moment. Everyone is seeing $100+ prices BEFORE the comic is released. Now consider how people will pick up a copy next week and say, "Eff it! I'm putting it up on eBay for a quick hundred dollars!" And wallah, there will be a flood of JDs on eBay this time next week. I highly doubt the $100+ price will be sustainable on all of them. Hell, I may just put my copy up on there if I can snag one and if prices remain that high! hm

Correct +1 ,

24 hr Auction the Second I have one in Hand

The only way to go ....

In hand? Put it up now and short sell that mess!

1. Get $100 now

2. Buy for $25 next Friday

3. ????

4. Profit

it was cgc prescreen. out of those sent that week that are at least 9.8:

justice league 23.1 8 out of 10

tec 23.1 4 out of 10

action 23.1 9 out of 10

batman 23.1 10 out of 10

Congrats on the Jokers!

thanks, its going to be funny if those that passed are all 10's lol

well if Ebay is an indicator:

Some are worth selling immediately such as Harley Quinn for 30.00 and Joker's Daughter for stupid money 100.00+. Others you wont be able to sell at all as there are dozens of copies available and many remain unsold for 0.99 cents!

My hope is that I sell each and everyone of these in the 2 upcoming local comic shows.

it was cgc prescreen. out of those sent that week that are at least 9.8:

justice league 23.1 8 out of 10

tec 23.1 4 out of 10

action 23.1 9 out of 10

batman 23.1 10 out of 10

Makes me a little nervous about the Forever Evil 3D's I subbed...I looked them over like crazy. Hopefully, I didn't miss any of the cover scratches :wishluck: