• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Die cuts were put out by DC last year. I thought they looked terrible with a bunch of ugly Joker covers. These are awesome looking (thumbs u I hope they don't get carried away with this and do them all of the time unless they are unlimited prints.

Oh that's right....check that one off the "gimmick's rehashed" list.

Have there been any glow-in-the-dark or foil covers yet?

lol

That had to go down as the worst cover idea ever. You can't read a comic in the dark unless it's digital. There were lots of other bad ones not far behind. Let's develop a list.

Bloodshot Foil 1

Wildcats holo 2

Superman die cut

Superman black bag

Silver Surfer embossed foil

Maxx, Ghost Rider, and Evil Ernie Glow in the dark

Venom black

venom holofoil

Spider-man 300 chrome ?

Magnus 25 silver

Superman stick ons

Spider-man 1 who can count lol

Help me out. I know I'm missing a bunch but it's a start.

Wolverine 50 Die Cut

X-Force #1 trading cards

Dr. Strange, Avengers, Secret Defenders Foil Covers

X-men (1991) multiple covers.

Lots and lots more.

Shadowhawk was shameless in using die-cut, foil, and glow-in-the-dark covers.

Sorry it took me a while to post, but Jessica Alba was under my desk uhmmmmmmm looking for my pen that I dropped, yep, that's it :grin:

Meeting celebrities isn't always all it's cracked up to be. Sucks when you like an actress/actor and when you meet them at a con or wherever, they happen to be having a bad day, and treat you like a d-bag :mad:

It happened to me at a Cardinals game in 1978. I tried to get an autograph from Garry Templleton who turned out to be a great player and not so nice person. He got vulgar with me and my brother and we were kids. A great thing happened that day though. We had box seats on 3rd base and were watching Padres players warm up. These 2 players Come over and my brother and I what's wrong with us ? We told them about Templeton and this little guy says I'll be happy to give you an auto and one day you'll be happy to have it. He was Ozzie Smith and the other guy was Eric Rasmussen. It made our day. I still have the autographed Cardinals game card signed by 2 guys who ended up in St Louis and one is in the hall of fame. Sounds hokey I know but its 100% true. Some celebs are awesome.

Didn't Garry have a serious problem with the white powder? I can only imagine how erratic that dude could be.

He may have but I couldn't say for sure. I can without a doubt say he was the rudest baseball, football, or basketball player I've ever met lol

Sorry it took me a while to post, but Jessica Alba was under my desk uhmmmmmmm looking for my pen that I dropped, yep, that's it :grin:

Meeting celebrities isn't always all it's cracked up to be. Sucks when you like an actress/actor and when you meet them at a con or wherever, they happen to be having a bad day, and treat you like a d-bag :mad:

It happened to me at a Cardinals game in 1978. I tried to get an autograph from Garry Templleton who turned out to be a great player and not so nice person. He got vulgar with me and my brother and we were kids. A great thing happened that day though. We had box seats on 3rd base and were watching Padres players warm up. These 2 players Come over and my brother and I what's wrong with us ? We told them about Templeton and this little guy says I'll be happy to give you an auto and one day you'll be happy to have it. He was Ozzie Smith and the other guy was Eric Rasmussen. It made our day. I still have the autographed Cardinals game card signed by 2 guys who ended up in St Louis and one is in the hall of fame. Sounds hokey I know but its 100% true. Some celebs are awesome.

that's an awesome story.

back in 1995 we used to go to batting practice at Yankee stadium, and most guys were cool, we met Jeter, Mariano, Pettitte all class guys, but I can't remember the d-bags, but like you say, the ones that treat you right, are the ones that give us those unforgettable memories.

Tony Gwynn was the nicest meet him at a AAA game in vegas and he signed a ball for me a few years ago. I told him I was a cardinals fan and he just smiled, I talked a minute about watching him play in so many all-star games, he even shook my hand. A class act!

It was Poison Ivy specific. None of the other week one books had the flaw. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that was the title.

theres the scuffs along the front cover like someone else said, the 10 i got had a problem on the back cover though. when the come back ill grab a picture. 1 of my week 2's had it and so did 3 of my week 3's.

It was Poison Ivy specific. None of the other week one books had the flaw. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that was the title.

theres the scuffs along the front cover like someone else said, the 10 i got had a problem on the back cover though. when the come back ill grab a picture. 1 of my week 2's had it and so did 3 of my week 3's.

its from using 3D books as turntables. I was scratching some Run DMC on my books last night :D

Didn't Garry have a serious problem with the white powder? I can only imagine how erratic that dude could be.

White powder. :cloud9:

For me, Ninety-Six 3D & 2D Week One covers went through grading, waiting for them to ship to see Grades.

It looks like one 3D & One 2D failed 9.8 Pre-Screen.

So on the census I see (updated 9/17) -

One Flash 23.1 in 9.8

One Tec 23.1 in 9.6

One JL 23.1 in 9.6 SS

It will be interesting to see the census next week.

I suspect we'll see lots of 9.8s, some 9.9s, and the occasional 10.0 but nothing spectacular.

Templeton got traded for Ozzie Smith that next year!

For me, Ninety-Six 3D & 2D Week One covers went through grading, waiting for them to ship to see Grades.

One Flash 23.1 in 9.8

One Tec 23.1 in 9.6

One JL 23.1 in 9.6 SS

I suspect we'll see lots of 9.8s, some 9.9s, and the occasional 10.0 but nothing spectacular.

This is why you are the pro (worship)

:golfclap:

One Flash 23.1 in 9.8

One Tec 23.1 in 9.6

One JL 23.1 in 9.6 SS

hm

I really hope people aren't betting the farm on these books. They are in high demand, but the print runs are still high. I think they will demand a small premium over regular 9.8 prices, but not much.

Just :baiting: you on your birthday buddy :D

Some of these covers are truly awesome. The Swamp Thing/Arcane one is outstanding from this weeks batch.

Of course relative rarity will be the primary driver of prices, but I wonder if some form of consensus will arise over time as to which of these will go on to be 'classic' covers and become desirable/valuable from that standpoint irrespective of rarity?

that's an awesome story.

back in 1995 we used to go to batting practice at Yankee stadium, and most guys were cool, we met Jeter, Mariano, Pettitte all class guys, but I can't remember the d-bags, but like you say, the ones that treat you right, are the ones that give us those unforgettable memories.

How cool. Seeing the Yankees you get see the cream of the crop. Its nice to hear those who are great on the field are equally great off it (thumbs u.

One Flash 23.1 in 9.8

One Tec 23.1 in 9.6

One JL 23.1 in 9.6 SS

Congrats and Happy Birthday !

Tony Gwynn was the nicest meet him at a AAA game in vegas and he signed a ball for me a few years ago. I told him I was a cardinals fan and he just smiled, I talked a minute about watching him play in so many all-star games, he even shook my hand. A class act!

Yeah, he is an underappreciated great.

Templeton got traded for Ozzie Smith that next year!

I think I was the only Cardinal fan happy about that at the time lol