• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

I don't understand how many of these can be lower that 9.8. Covers are made of plastic so bent corners and creases will be harder to get.

huh?

Plastic is harder than paper.

I saw plenty of copies with corner damage the past few weeks. The books can still take hits, and still be damaged.

The lenticular also is easily damaged and show production issues to boot.

How do you think these will hold up long term ? This seems to be similar tech to the old 3d baseball cards from cereal boxes years ago. A lot of those bent, folded, and cracked. I believe this year is the first time they've used this technology all the way around the comics. I remember the cut out 3d squares attached to the cover but never the entire cover.

I could see over time if temperatures where these are stored is not constantly the same especially in cheap bags they may crack or bend.

I don't understand how many of these can be lower that 9.8. Covers are made of plastic so bent corners and creases will be harder to get.

huh?

Plastic is harder than paper.

I saw plenty of copies with corner damage the past few weeks. The books can still take hits, and still be damaged.

The lenticular also is easily damaged and show production issues to boot.

How do you think these will hold up long term ? This seems to be similar tech to the old 3d baseball cards from cereal boxes years ago. A lot of those bent, folded, and cracked. I believe this year is the first time they've used this technology all the way around the comics. I remember the cut out 3d squares attached to the cover but never the entire cover.

I could see over time if temperatures where these are stored is not constantly the same especially in cheap bags they may crack or bend.

You think mylites would work to better preserve them ? I know they would look better that way.

I've put mine in mylites 2(s) and fullbacks(they're mine and I can do that). They look fantastic. My problem is: Do I file them with their appropriate titles or do I keep them together as a set, so I can look at them easily? It's a tough life.

That's why I bought multiple copies when I could. One to keep as a set and the others to complete the run of the respective titles. I think modern comics sell better in runs and sets.

Just received this email today:

"Dear subscriber,

We're just writing to inform you that due to the high volume of interest in this week's DC Villains Month 3D Books, we had to process the issues for subscribers a bit later than we normally would. If your Subscriptions are shipping out this Wednesday (September 25), the Week 4 3D Villains Month issues you subscribe to will be sent out with your next Subscriptions order. If your Subscriptions are not shipping until next week or later, you will not be affected by the minor delay. Don't worry, either way, as the books are being held for you!

If you have any questions about how this will affect your Subscriptions order, or otherwise, please feel free to Email us back here!

Thank you kindly,

Your friends at Midtown Comics"

When I read this I thought I'm glad it's the last week....

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09/24/the-fight-for-jokers-daughter-tomorrow-just-got-more-brutal/

...or not

This couldn't be any more cryptic. Are stores not getting what was on their invoice? or was the allocation already included in the invoiced amount?

doomsday, bane and parasite were the only additionally allocated books (at least for us and reported by diamond) for us....

there were no additional allocations on any of the other listed books in that bleeding cool report... I have confirmed with 3 other stores the same, so I suspect that is somewhat misinformation

Just received this email today:

"Dear subscriber,

We're just writing to inform you that due to the high volume of interest in this week's DC Villains Month 3D Books, and the high price on e-bay for some of them, we will be charging an additional $25.99 per 3D comic, and $75.99 per each Joker's Daughter 3D. We don't feel it is fair you make money flipping these on e-bay or the CGC comic chat boards when really it is us who should be making the money. Also, there is a new $21.95 handling charge that has already been charged to your account. This was all addressed in the "terms of service" agreement you clicked "accept" to on March 12, 2009.

If you have any questions or concerns, just yell the really loud out your window until you feel better.

Thank you kindly,

Comics-O-Rama "