• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

I got no pics. I'm just happy to get out alive. The line was winding up the steps, down the block and around the corner. Never seen anything like it. There was an orderly line for a while, but it stalled when they ran out of the Joker's Daughter and people just couldn't accept it. At that point, they tried to clear some people off the steps (y'know, fire hazard and all) and it just turned into a 3-D cover free for all.

I was on the Midtown line, right next to boardie dmac538. I got on line at 7:20 AM for the 8 AM opening. We got some of the last Joker's Daughter 3Ds... I don't think they could have had more than 20 or so copies for sale.

Frustrating I know for all the folks that missed out. I will say, I give Midtown mad props for not marking up the prices on the ones they had. They are a class act for sure.

I got no pics. I'm just happy to get out alive. The line was winding up the steps, down the block and around the corner. Never seen anything like it. There was an orderly line for a while, but it stalled when they ran out of the Joker's Daughter and people just couldn't accept it. At that point, they tried to clear some people off the steps (y'know, fire hazard and all) and it just turned into a 3-D cover free for all.

Yeah, the crowd was nuts! It was a total frenzy. I got out of there as soon as I could.

On a different note, I just read the Joker's Daughter issue and it makes the Harley Quinn one-shot look like Watchmen. Woof! Hard to see how the character will be anything but a poor man's Harley.

Reporting that I got to Midtown Downtown at 8:10 AM, they open at 8, of course they were already sold out of the 3D JD's, but did have a good amount of the other 3D covers.

I did happen to find a couple of JD 3D covers elsewhere, but that store had marked up the price of them to closely reflect eBay prices... :sorry:

Just got out of midtown, it was an udder madhouse. They sold ouf of Jokers Daugher in like 15 Min I was probably like 50th in line and they were out well before me.

I just cant believe how ill prepared they were for today

I was 14th in line, and Point Five was 15th, we both got a copy, was funny when people stood there waiting for them to put more on the shelf.

I got to four stores right when they opened. I obviously had other people involved, but the store I was at, the guy behind me said he(and his buddies) were hitting 56 stores in total. :o Not one Joker's Daughter !....By 10:20am, I figured it was too late to go anywhere else

it was supposed to be 1:25 then it became a 1 per account

Correct

Supposedly the balance will be married up with the 52 second print 3 d set in feb

correct again :)

Hang on..... So if I'm understanding this correctly, you're saying that the Forever Evil #1 3D that's coming out in February (along with the other Villain's month 3D 2nd print) the Forever Evil 3D will still be designated as 1st print?

+1 Same question... so you are saying that there are many more Forever Evil 3D 1st print, and they will be the ones included in the 2nd ptg set?

It's an auction now...let's see where this ends.

Forever Evil #1 3D CGC 9.8

:popcorn:

Wow, and that's a 9.8. I'm still thinking there are going to be 9.9s somewhere out there. It's already higher than I thought it might get. How many are there ?

I believe it is one per Diamond account. I think there are less than 3,000. I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that number.

Not every Diamond Account does end up getting one though. I think there are still some minor thresholds to being able to get one (regarding past orders, regular volume of orders, etc.)