• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Why does that extra buck always seem to be such an issue for people?? Do they not realise it's only a dollar??

because for a LOT of customers, that $1 (when they are buying 20-30-50+ comics a month), can add up quick, and they might be struggling to keep up with budgeting as it is... I hope you didn't mean to come off sounding "elitist", but the majority of my customers barely have the disposable income for their purchases, to the tune that the 25% price difference ("only a dollar") is HUGE savings to them

Why does that extra buck always seem to be such an issue for people?? Do they not realise it's only a dollar??

because for a LOT of customers, that $1 (when they are buying 20-30-50+ comics a month), can add up quick, and they might be struggling to keep up with budgeting as it is... I hope you didn't mean to come off sounding "elitist", but the majority of my customers barely have the disposable income for their purchases, to the tune that the 25% price difference ("only a dollar") is HUGE savings to them

Every 5th book is like a freebie.

elitists_zps832fe30b.jpg

Anyone else have a feeling that FE 3D will take a hit when the 2nd Print comes out?
"if" there is a second print, you mean

It's not part of the bundle that is available for order this month?

**PS, thanks for all the valuable information you share. It really gives some insight into the chemistry of how this hobby works.

Anyone else have a feeling that FE 3D will take a hit when the 2nd Print comes out?

**PS, thanks for all the valuable information you share. It really gives some insight into the chemistry of how this hobby works.

DC's red-hot 3-D motion covers are set to return in the new VILLAINS MONTH 3-D MOTION COMPLETE SET, now resolicited for February on-sale! This set will include second printings of all 52 Villains Month titles with 3-D motion covers plus the FOREVER EVIL #1 3-D Motion Cover Variant edition!

DC's red-hot 3-D motion covers are set to return in the new VILLAINS MONTH 3-D MOTION COMPLETE SET, now resolicited for February on-sale! This set will include second printings of all 52 Villains Month titles with 3-D motion covers plus the FOREVER EVIL #1 3-D Motion Cover Variant edition!

The way I read that is its second prints of all 52 covers plus the FE (second print too). A total of 53 2nd prints.

Yeah, it sounds like the Forever Evil is a first print and the rest of the set is second prints.
that is correct...Diamond still has a quantity of "first" print FE 3d that were not distributed to the stores (they choose, instead, to send one per account, versus the 1:25 as FE was solicited)...they quickly realized that a second printing of the 3d covers was in order, and chose to hold back the FE 3ds to marry up with that set (as an incentive, I suppose)...

the only way we will see a second print of the FE 3d is if more 2nd print sets are ordered for Feb, than diamond currently has (on hand) 3d FE...I don't see that happening (just my 2c )

No no, not at all. Not trying to be a snob or anything.

I mean, I have a hard time reigning in my spending on comics as it is. BUT, price on a particular new issue has never been something I've looked at or even considered. I go by number of books, and what I should cut or get.

If I'm spending to much, I always look at what comic I can put back, not which one is cheaper. I guess just not something that has crossed my mind until I've read about people complaining about $2.99 vs $3.99 prices.

I get 25% off of all my stuff, so ya, when I see what my bill COULD have been (or does get up to now and then), I sometimes cringe. I just blame myself for getting too much though, and not pricing.

Thing too, with all the friggin changes Marvel does, plus the random pricining on Image/Dark Horse/Boom titles et al., I couldn't even tell you what comics cost what amount.

elitists_zps832fe30b.jpg

Hahah.

The ripped hat and everything. :grin:

Tell you what, take this Dollar here, and stitch up that hat.

I cancelled Deadpool, so I have tones of them now.

:banana:

Yeah, it sounds like the Forever Evil is a first print and the rest of the set is second prints.
that is correct...Diamond still has a quantity of "first" print FE 3d that were not distributed to the stores (they choose, instead, to send one per account, versus the 1:25 as FE was solicited)...they quickly realized that a second printing of the 3d covers was in order, and chose to hold back the FE 3ds to marry up with that set (as an incentive, I suppose)...

the only way we will see a second print of the FE 3d is if more 2nd print sets are ordered for Feb, than diamond currently has (on hand) 3d FE...I don't see that happening (just my 2c )

Well anybody else think the quality will be a mess? Remember what happened with the DC Justice League of America "States" pack that was just shrink wrapped. All the books in the outside of the bundle were heavily damaged.

So I just went to Times Square Midtwon during my lunch break and what do you know. A JD 3D just sitting on top of the pile! I quickly grabbed it and went to the register and the check out guy was like "how did you find this"

Pretty fishy... Obviously they werent sold out when they said they were yesterday.

(shrug)

Or...more likely, somebody got the book in their pull box, didn't want it and put it back on the shelf? Same thing happened to me yesterday when I went back at lunch, except it was a First Born (no copies on shelf when shop opened). Congrats on the pickup.

Oh wow, I didn't read it like that, thanks for clarifying.

Well anybody else think the quality will be a mess? Remember what happened with the DC Justice League of America "States" pack that was just shrink wrapped. All the books in the outside of the bundle were heavily damaged.

Lets hope they don't do that again.

A boxed set of 2nd prints would be nice. Especially if it has a FE #1 3D. I think I would splurge and get one. If the 2nd prints come bundled then I would pass on them. I am sick of seeing VG/F and F/VF brand new comics on store shelves. I almost want to volunteer at a shop just so I could break the fingers of any clerk I see giving a pile of brand new comics the lobster claw pinch.

A boxed set of 2nd prints would be nice. Especially if it has a FE #1 3D. I think I would splurge and get one. If the 2nd prints come bundled then I would pass on them. I am sick of seeing VG/F and F/VF brand new comics on store shelves. I almost want to volunteer at a shop just so I could break the fingers of any clerk I see giving a pile of brand new comics the lobster claw pinch.

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u