• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

I wouldn't be too surprised. Though, I was fortunate to grab some Dial E for $10 and sell them off quickly for $25. I agree that the prices will probably start heading south as the fascination with the trend wears off. I saw a store that had two long boxes of nothing but 3D comics. I highly doubt that he sold all of them. However, it can be argued that the convention itself is a saturated market place, hence, the little movement in the merchandise. As with any hype, it ebbs and flows.

Plus, like 75% of the people at the things only go there to hang out, dress up, say they went to a comic convention, see the panels,etc.

At the Ottawa one, like, going there on Friday, then again on Sunday,I was very surprised to see most sellers have most of there wall books and valuable stuff still available after three days.

I think out of all the 3D covers, only Forever Evil will continue to slowly rise...

everything else will plummet abruptly except for the Joker's daughter which will slowly lose its value but settle at about $15-$20

What makes you think Forever Evil will go up? Just the fact that it's more limited?

:gossip: Not being an here, genuinely interested.

Think of the prices of other 1 per store, 1:200, 1:300 comics.

They usually settle and rarely go up. Might start high at $300, maybe drop to $200-$250, then just stabilize at that price.

Where would be the best place to order a set online?

Edit: The 2nd print set, I mean.

We are not "on line" per se but will offer the set for 35% discount (199.99 less 35%= about $129+ shipping)

At the Ottawa one, like, going there on Friday, then again on Sunday,I was very surprised to see most sellers have most of there wall books and valuable stuff still available after three days.

Most of the guys selling at the shows are trying to get prices well above FMV.

At least that's what I noticed at a lot of the booths in Vancouver. Way back in April, one guy was trying to sell Batman: Harley Quinn #1, 9.0 slab for $200.

I realize that when you get like 30,000 people coming through, you can hope that one of them is dumb enough to pay that price. But I think you'd do better overall if you kept a reasonable price on everything.

At least that's what I noticed at a lot of the booths in Vancouver. Way back in April, one guy was trying to sell Batman: Harley Quinn #1, 9.0 slab for $200.

I realize that when you get like 30,000 people coming through, you can hope that one of them is dumb enough to pay that price. But I think you'd do better overall if you kept a reasonable price on everything.

Ya. I guess it's the convenience of buying there vs having to go to ebay, boards, etc, and have it shipped.

I do think, though, that more people then not at these things don't even really care about comics, or collecting.

Where would be the best place to order a set online?

Edit: The 2nd print set, I mean.

We are not "on line" per se but will offer the set for 35% discount (199.99 less 35%= about $129+ shipping)

I don't think anyone can beat that price. The cheapest I've seen is $169.99 + shipping. 2c

Not us. (thumbs u

At one point half of my wall rack was empty as I did not have time to put new books up. Cost me a few sales, it did. doh!

Most of the other dealers I talked to reported slow sales on big books. It is easy to see why - overgraded and overpriced books will not sell. I had a few guys spend some money with me, say they were going to see another dealer from out of town that had stuff they were looking for, then come back and spend the rest with me as a result of this. lol

I can never understand why other dealers gouge on common GA, SA, and BA books - buy them cheap, sell them for a reasonable return, then reinvest in better stock.

Not us. (thumbs u

At one point half of my wall rack was empty as I did not have time to put new books up. Cost me a few sales, it did. doh!

Most of the other dealers I talked to reported slow sales on big books. It is easy to see why - overgraded and overpriced books will not sell. I had a few guys spend some money with me, say they were going to see another dealer from out of town that had stuff they were looking for, then come back and spend the rest with me as a result of this. lol

I can never understand why other dealers gouge on common GA, SA, and BA books - buy them cheap, sell them for a reasonable return, then reinvest in better stock.

Jeez, if for no other reason just sell everything so you don't have to pack it up again!

If DC is smart they will add something new to the set that was previously unreleased. Thus forcing people to buy the 2nd print set for the newest "rare" :roflmao: excuse me book.

Must be why they are including the Forever Evil 3-D first print with the sets. For cheaper than what a lot of people paid just for the F.E., they can get the whole 2nd print set + Forever Evil. lol

Guy at Pittsburgh Comicon was trying to get 500 for the whole lot with the Forever Evil variant included. Madness.

Guy at Pittsburgh Comicon was trying to get 500 for the whole lot with the Forever Evil variant included. Madness.

That doesn't seem unreasonable actually at current prices.

Let's say 52 x $6 average = $312 + $188 for the Forever Evil = $500

Doesn't seem like madness to me, plus you're saving yourself the headache of running around and buying all over the place to complete your set.

well I've also seen no real sales since last week...I'm gonna have 20 issues left over....even the batman 3Ds don't seem to be moving...

Joker's daughter has fallen in price...I don't see what would move the prices up, except a nice big article in a major publication....

well I've also seen no real sales since last week...I'm gonna have 20 issues left over....even the batman 3Ds don't seem to be moving...

Joker's daughter has fallen in price...I don't see what would move the prices up, except a nice big article in a major publication....

People finally started actually reading the Joker's Daughter issue and realized it was all hype.

Sell now before it completely tanks.