• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

There are still plenty on the shelf at the LCS I went to yesterday.

Vancouver LCS's got wiped out by noon Wed. Any spare 3D DC villian covers horded and gone at $4 retail :ohnoez: before anyone who has a day job could visit their LCS after 4:30 p.m.

From what I saw, Poison Ivy, Ventriloquist, Grodd had the lowest amount. Joker, Darkseid, and Cyborg Superman were the most plentiful.

the shortest from yesterday are

JLDark

JLAmerica 7.1

Poison ivy and ventriloquist and Grodd are very high print runs (relative)...not as high as joker, penguin, riddler, doomsday, cyborg, darkseid, etc but high....

the earth 2, green arrow, etc are much lower print runs than any of the batman titles (thumbs u

There are still plenty on the shelf at the LCS I went to yesterday.

Vancouver LCS's got wiped out by noon Wed. Any spare 3D DC villian covers horded and gone at $4 retail :ohnoez: before anyone who has a day job could visit their LCS after 4:30 p.m.

I didn't get to an LCS until 5pm in Vancouver, and I managed to get Poison Ivy, Joker, Darkseid, Grodd and Cyborg easy, with copies still on the shelf.

From what I saw, Poison Ivy, Ventriloquist, Grodd had the lowest amount. Joker, Darkseid, and Cyborg Superman were the most plentiful.

JLDark

JLAmerica 7.1

Poison ivy and ventriloquist and Grodd are very high print runs (relative)...not as high as joker, penguin, riddler, doomsday, cyborg, darkseid, etc but high....

the earth 2, green arrow, etc are much lower print runs than any of the batman titles (thumbs u

That makes sense. I'm a little surprised that sales on Green Arrow aren't picking up. Lemire is killing and the art is reminescent of good Jae Lee stuff to me. I don't know if people aren't giving it a chance or if they just don't like it the way I do.

went to an LCS today, still had large stacks (largest being Joker) of all 13. But none of the regular non 3d...wonder if that will be the one that is more desirable.

Maybe DC actually saved the comic book stores from themselves.

JLDark

JLAmerica 7.1

why JLA? It typically has a higher print run than any bat book except for Batman.

The Ventriloquist seems to be the most sought after book right now and since it likely has the lowest print run of any of the bat titles by a significant margin it makes sense.

JLDark

JLAmerica 7.1

why JLA? It typically has a higher print run than any bat book except for Batman.

The Ventriloquist seems to be the most sought after book right now and since it likely has the lowest print run of any of the bat titles by a significant margin it makes sense.

I asked myself that same question.

Wow multiple sales of the Forever Evil #1 3D V ariant going for $200, its only day 1 and these aren't even slabbed. O_o

Midtown Comics sold their copy for $425 unslabbed. :tonofbricks:

Id be happy with half that for my copy.

they are gonna sky rocket in price once the "villian" month is over.

JLDark

JLAmerica 7.1

I asked myself that same question.

Was it tied to Suicide Squad's sales numbers? It's a lead-in to SS.

That is weird, V is the only book I did not get allocated on.

Wow multiple sales of the Forever Evil #1 3D V ariant going for $200, its only day 1 and these aren't even slabbed. O_o

Midtown Comics sold their copy for $425 unslabbed. :tonofbricks:

Id be happy with half that for my copy.

they are gonna sky rocket in price once the "villian" month is over.

I agree. IMO the only reason its not hitting crazy constant right now is because there is 3 more weeks of villain covers. There is going to be a ton of people left without this book in their collection.

This is Great! I haven't seen this much activity since I started collecting again earlier this year. Within the first 10 minutes my LCS was selling out. I'm glad I reserved my copies months ago and was able to get them. The covers look awesome!

I got: The Joker,

Cyborg Superman,

Poison Ivy,

The Relic,

and Deadshot (that cover is Badass!)

Deadshot seemed to be the rarest in my area too. There was none on the stands when the shop opened.

After striking out at the "regular" comic shops around town (aside from the Forever Evil #1 that I mentioned earlier) I remembered a second-hand CD/Movie/Games shop that also happens to carry comics, and decided to give them a try. Scored all three of the books I needed (Deadshot, Ventriloquist and Relic), and also picked up a copy of Hawkeye #1 1st print for $6 and a copy of the out of print Godland Hardcover for $20! Man, I'm going to have to hit this place up more often! I'm sure most of these covers have dried up around the country by now, but it may be worth hitting up some of those out of the way places. Good luck hunting!