• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

The one that's really selling right now is the ventriloquist cover...
funny, all the stores in our area still have on the shelf at cover.... in fact, I have spoken to many stores that have plenty of ventriloquist on the shelf (shrug)

Ventriloquist is gone in Philly as of this morning.

But I saw someone listing other issues for $7.99 shipped. $1.33 in fees, $3.99 issue + whatever tax you have, $0.15 bag and board. They are dropping a few cents each one they sell.

Ventriloquist is gone in Philly as of this morning.

But I saw someone listing other issues for $7.99 shipped. $1.33 in fees, $3.99 issue + whatever tax you have, $0.15 bag and board. They are dropping a few cents each one they sell.

Unless they pre-ordered for $2.59 or are a retailer and are selling in volume it doesn't make a ton of sense. Then again, some people buy them, read them, sell them and try to break even so they can continue to buy them :grin:

i know one of my LCS hooked me up right before closing on wednesday because im a regular. But the employee said that his boss told him only to sell them to the subscribers because they were going to send whatever was left to their main store to mark them up as much as possible. Sure enough i went back the next day at opening time and the guy working there (different guy) told me no "only for subscribers). lol he tried to tell me that they never had extras and DC only sent enough for the subscribers. Needless to say i have an new less stingy LCS (tsk)

Just came back from my LCS today to pick up the rest of my pulls (last Wednesday I only picked up the 3Ds associated with the New 52 titles I usually subscribe to); saw about 10 Grodds, 15 Count Vertigos, 1 Bizarro & 1 Cyborg Superman...picked up the last Poison Ivy & Ventriloquist (thumbs u ...no Joker or Relic 3Ds, just the standards...

I asked my LCS about putting aside copies of the Batman villains for this week.

He told me should be no problem with the exception of Harley, which he says has been heavily allocated, so that one is 50/50.

Which is a shame, since that's the one I want the most.

:wishluck:

Some of the ones I've seen had some damage to them. Impacted corners and scratches across the cover. They must have been seriously mishandled by staff. Will be interesting to see how many copies show up a local show next weekend and an out of town show a couple of weeks after that.

I dont expect the books to really go nuts for a few weeks. As more and more are out the first week's books I think will be the tougher ones to get anywhere for all types of reasons. Take your pick. Supply? Completionists? Villain Fans? Rogues? Bat Collectors? Demand? Awesome Covers?

+1