• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Reporting from the Baltimore Con on Saturday....

You could tell dealers just had no idea from table to table what to charge for these. Generally, they were at least $6-8 each. Some dealers differentiated between them, charging more for the Poison Ivy and Ventriloquist, between $10-15. If you were patient, you could probably find the issue(s) you wanted at $6-8.

Relic appeared to be the least common on the floor, only seeing it with a handful of dealers. Cyborg Superman seemed the most plentiful, or maybe the least in-demand? Scarcity per issue definitely seemed to be a store-by-store thing, some scarce on one issue yet plentiful on another, and then vice versa for the dealer next to them.

The 3-D Forever Evil 1 was priced at an average of $200 or so. I was able to pick one up for $125, and submitted it to CGC along with Poison Ivy, Ventriloquist, Joker and Bizarro. :wishluck:

I hope you didn't buy the one from the mid-west dealer that had it priced at $125 at his booth (wire rack, top shelf, behind plexi pieces). I looked at it early Sat and noticed it had a big dent in the back of the book.'

:wishluck:

Because of the stiff covers, these should be plentiful in high grade, 9.9 and 10.0. A 9.8 should bring what a 9.6 normally does, and the 9.9 and 10.0's what a 9.8 usually does. In this case, this will be a book to buy already graded, in about 4 months.

I think you are overestimating the abundance of 9.9's and 10.0's that will come out of these, there are plenty of small flaws on these books, harder to spot but they are there.

Reporting from the Baltimore Con on Saturday....

You could tell dealers just had no idea from table to table what to charge for these. Generally, they were at least $6-8 each. Some dealers differentiated between them, charging more for the Poison Ivy and Ventriloquist, between $10-15. If you were patient, you could probably find the issue(s) you wanted at $6-8.

Relic appeared to be the least common on the floor, only seeing it with a handful of dealers. Cyborg Superman seemed the most plentiful, or maybe the least in-demand? Scarcity per issue definitely seemed to be a store-by-store thing, some scarce on one issue yet plentiful on another, and then vice versa for the dealer next to them.

The 3-D Forever Evil 1 was priced at an average of $200 or so. I was able to pick one up for $125, and submitted it to CGC along with Poison Ivy, Ventriloquist, Joker and Bizarro. :wishluck:

I hope you didn't buy the one from the mid-west dealer that had it priced at $125 at his booth (wire rack, top shelf, behind plexi pieces). I looked at it early Sat and noticed it had a big dent in the back of the book.'

It was! Oh no! :insane: That's what I get for impulse buying when I'm completely exhausted. It crossed my mind to check both before I bought it and as I was handing it over to CGC, but really just wanted to find some food and sit. That's ok. Good lesson, and I still have a copy for my collection. :grin: But all the others now need to come back as 9.9s to make my money back. lol

I'm really glad you noticed, or I would've wondered if CGC might have damaged it en-route. Ok, come ooooonnnn, 7.0! lol

These books need to be slabbed right away, 9.8's will be around $75-100 each and about $35-50 in about 2 months time.

Can the Slabing Process Damage the covers With it Getting Sealed it the holder

? ive been wondering isn't it a heat sealed sleeve ?

Shouldn't. There's been other lenticular covers. I would think regular paper stock would be more risky than these types of covers.

These books need to be slabbed right away, 9.8's will be around $75-100 each and about $35-50 in about 2 months time.

Can the Slabing Process Damage the covers With it Getting Sealed it the holder

? ive been wondering isn't it a heat sealed sleeve ?

It is ultrasonically welded, No heat.

It was! Oh no! :insane: That's what I get for impulse buying when I'm completely exhausted. It crossed my mind to check both before I bought it and as I was handing it over to CGC, but really just wanted to find some food and sit. That's ok. Good lesson, and I still have a copy for my collection. :grin: But all the others now need to come back as 9.9s to make my money back. lol

I'm really glad you noticed, or I would've wondered if CGC might have damaged it en-route. Ok, come ooooonnnn, 7.0! lol

I am going to have to check the backsides now.

I just sold my Forever Evil 3D and Sketch cover for $350 on the bay. Feel pretty good about it since I paid $75 a piece. I've been caught holding too long lately on moderns. Decided to flip em early.

10-4 thanks I just read that online ... Yeah I gotta Send in some Grodd I love that cover

You should always pay as much attention to the back as the front.

I was wondering why it was so cheap compared to the other Forever Evil 3Ds in the rest of the room. I asked the dealer to pull it out of the bag and sure enough, big rut middle left, about two inches long. Hopefully CGC misses it and you still get a 9.8 lol

Don't think they will not notice it.

:(

You should always pay as much attention to the back as the front.

I was wondering why it was so cheap compared to the other Forever Evil 3Ds in the rest of the room. I asked the dealer to pull it out of the bag and sure enough, big rut middle left, about two inches long. Hopefully CGC misses it and you still get a 9.8 lol

Don't think they will not notice it.

:(

:wishluck: Of course, now that we've alerted them, they'll be on the lookout. Delete delete! lol