• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

My LCS only had 3 of the issues available at open, the rest where held for subscriber's list and if any were left over they would be put out "in about an hour". So only was able to grab 3 this week.

Went back just at closing today, they only had 5 still in stock, the 3 that were released when they opened this morning.

Batman Riddler

Batman Robin Court of Owls

Action Comics Zod

and

Aquaman Black Manta

Teen Titans Trigon

All others where sold out.

Went to two other shops at lunch time and one had 3 titles still available:

Batman Riddler

Action Comics Zod

Aquaman Black Manta

the other had 2 still available at lunch:

Batman Riddler

Action Comics Zod

So I guess we can assume the ones that had many available Riddler and Zod in these parts.

Picked up all 13 this week at my LCS. I agree with the others, this week's are a lot better than last weeks covers! I did pick up the second to last copy of both Lobo and Reverse Flash. I really wish I had just pre-ordered all of these three months ago when my shop asked me, haha.

I'm still kicking my self for not reserving them on DCBS.

DCBS has been looking for volunteers to give up their 3D books for a discount on a 2D book.

They also cut everyone who ordered more than one Harley cover to a limit of one.

Source?

They sent me e-mails.

I pre-ordered more than one Harley and was cut down to one copy.

Got out of work around 7PM but hit four stores yesterday.

Got one of each (week 2) including Harley but could not find Reverse Flash or Lobo anywhere. I might be missing one other one but everything is a blur at this point.

Picked up second copies of Riddler and Black Manta.

Would have bought more Harley but it was the last one the store had.

I think I also got 2 of the 3 that I missed out on last week (not counting the one per store variant).

Also got two copies of Catwoman 23.

Still, I think the main reason they are in such demand is because they are viewed as a "get it now or never" type of thing. DC cutting orders and reallocating the supply has really driven the demand. The second prints will sit on the shelves and drive down price on the firsts.

Guess we'll see how many stores buy the complete set of 2nd printings in 2014. Pretty smart I guess only selling sets. Keeps retailers from just buying the 'hot' covers.

So the one's that just 'sit around' not being sold won't be the Harley or Joker's Daughter covers. The 1st issues should still demand a premium if the series is still desirable in 5 months.

The fact that it is taking them until Feb 2014 to get the 2nd prints out does make DC's reason for the allocations more believable-- they had to have several months to order the appropriate amount of the 3D covers. I like the idea of gettting a complete set of 2nd prints at once. I look for them to be lightly ordered, as they only come in a set and it will be expensive. LCS's will have to decide whether or not to break them up, and to order a whole set and then allow someone to buy just the popular 5 or 6 will be a bit of a risk that the others will sit and not sell.

The fact that it is taking them until Feb 2014 to get the 2nd prints out does make DC's reason for the allocations more believable-- they had to have several months to order the appropriate amount of the 3D covers. I like the idea of gettting a complete set of 2nd prints at once. I look for them to be lightly ordered, as they only come in a set and it will be expensive. LCS's will have to decide whether or not to break them up, and to order a whole set and then allow someone to buy just the popular 5 or 6 will be a bit of a risk that the others will sit and not sell.

Good points. I will only be ordering the number of sets my customers preorder. Because all my sub customers got/are getting their first print orders , I expect the set orders to be low (not just us but most all retailers). I can't see stores ordering complete sets to break to sell 5-10 of the "high" demand issues and sitting on rest (especially 5 months after release /hype)

The only positive will be getting a complete set if you want and getting the FE 3d