• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw Golden Age books including Classic Covers, tough books, etc.

103 posts in this topic

Thunda #1 - approx a 2.0 or so (I'm terribly at grading low grade books) this book seems to have brittle paper along the top of the spine as the spine is split well into the wraps at the top of the book, but it is a Thunda #1 (first book devoted to Frazetta) and I've flipped through the book without a problem so the rest of the paper seems pretty supple. Gorgeous Frazetta interiors. Asking $250 SOLD!

18Thunda1.jpg

19Thunda1back.jpg

Wham Comics #2 CGC 5.5 White pages. This is a scan of the book before it was deslabbed - book has been removed from the holder and label is included. It's a tough book. There are only 4 unrestored copies on the Census and this is the 2nd highest graded copy behind a CGC 9.4 Church copy. Asking $750

WhamComics2.jpg

Weird Science-Fantasy #29 CGC 4.5 COW. Book has been deslabbed and chip fell off after deslabbing. :cry: CGC label number is 0128099001 and comes with the book. One of the greatest Comic covers of all time, featuring Frazetta's Buck Rogers. Asking price $250 SOLD!

WeirdScienceFantasy29CGC4_5COW.jpg

Wonderworld Comics #3 2.0 or so. Spine is 3/4 split (from the bottom) but cover is still attached at both staples. Classic Lou Fine cover, 1st app. of The Flame, this is an obscure key book of the GA. Asking price is $1050

20WonderworldComics3.jpg

21WonderworldComics3back.jpg

Thunda #1 - approx a 2.0 or so (I'm terribly at grading low grade books) this book seems to have brittle paper along the top of the spine as the spine is split well into the wraps at the top of the book, but it is a Thunda #1 (first book devoted to Frazetta) and I've flipped through the book without a problem so the rest of the paper seems pretty supple. Gorgeous Frazetta interiors. Asking $250

18Thunda1.jpg

19Thunda1back.jpg

:takeit:

Last book of the night.

Marvel Mystery Comics #4 CGC 9.0 Off White pages MP 1st Sub-Mariner cover appearance and second appearance of a swastika. One of the nicest copies of this book I have ever seen, this copy had minimal restoration done to it years ago. There is a chip fill at the top and bottom spine corners, some slight reinforcement near the top staple and some colour touch. The grader was torn between SP and MP, it's so minimal. The book would probably be somewhere in the Fine range without the resto. The last copy of this book I saw sell in high grade (a CGC 9.2) went for $50,000. The book looks and feels like a brand new book for a fraction of the price. I've turned down offers of $7500 and $8000 in the past. Asking price is now $8500.

MarvelMysteryComics49_0ow.jpg

MarvelMysteryComics49_0owb.jpg