• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw Golden Age books including Classic Covers, tough books, etc.

103 posts in this topic

Exciting Comics #4 CGC 4.5 OW - book has been deslabbed. Absolutely gorgeous copy of an impossible book (only 3 on the census), this book has incredible eye appeal but a stain running through the book keeps the grade down. CGC label number is 0782266007. Asking price is $475 SOLD!

ExcitingComics4CGC4_5OW.jpg

ExcitingComics4CGC4_5OWback.jpg

Mystery Men Comics #3 3.0/3.5 or so. Might be one of the best comic book covers ever. Cover has terrific appeal - 1.5" split at top, 1.5" split at centre (between staples), cover is still attached at both staples but barely. Still, a tough book with a top shelf Classic Lou Fine cover. If you like funny books, it doesn't get any better. Asking $650. SOLD!

7MysteryMenComics3.jpg

8MysteryMenComics3back.jpg

Pep Comics #21. I think I picked this up because I had a #22 and wanted to put a run together. lol Covers are detached. Asking price is $150.

9PepComics21.jpg

10PepComics21back.jpg

Skyman #2 (1942). Attractive lower grade copy of a tough book. There are 8 graded by CGC in total. Also tough to price. There was a CGC 6.5 sale for $450 in 2011, which is about 2.5 times guide. This is an attractive lower grade copy with a spine split, leading into a tear in the front cover. Single staple is still attached. Pages are COW at worst. Technical grade is probably 3.5. Asking $300.

Skyman2.jpg

Skyman2back.jpg

Exciting Comics #4 CGC 4.5 OW - book has been deslabbed. Absolutely gorgeous copy of an impossible book (only 3 on the census), this book has incredible eye appeal but a stain running through the book keeps the grade down. CGC label number is 0782266007. Asking price is $475

ExcitingComics4CGC4_5OW.jpg

ExcitingComics4CGC4_5OWback.jpg

:takeit:

I'll take the Exciting 4.

I knew you would.

As soon as I posted it I thought to myself, I hope Cheetah doesn't see it! I don't want these to sell! lol

It's gorgeous in hand.

Startling Comics #2 CGC 5.0 OWW - Another gorgeous copy of a GA book. This book has been deslabbed. CGC label number is 0090488017. This is only 2nd highest graded with 1 copy @ CGC 9.4 and 2 copies @ CGC 5.0 (tied). 4 on the census in total with a 4.5 below this 5.0. There are plenty of pressable defects and I'd guess that a press would put it somewhere around 6.5/7.0 or so putting into 2nd place with the spine split being the limiting factor. Cover is very appealing and paper is gorgeous. Glossy like a new book. Asking price is $550 SOLD!

11StartlingComics2CGC5_0OWW.jpg

12StartlingComics2CGC5_0OWWback.jpg

Three Dimension Comics #1 ( St. John's 9 / 53 ) Very tough book to find with 3D glasses still attached (these are). Nice looking copy. Bend across the top back cover (1" below top) and foxing keep the grade down. 7.5/8.0 or so. Asking price is $200

13ThreeDimensionComics1.jpg

14ThreeDimensionComics1back.jpg

Thrilling Comics #10 - from a bound volume, this copy has terrific eye appeal but front and rear covers are split and detached and outer edges are trimmed. Before you go thinking "clunker" ( lol ) keep in mind that this is the 1st Nedor war cover (protecting the Statue of Liberty no less), an early Schomburg cover and a very rare book with only 5 copies total on the census. Try to find another! Asking price is $350.

ThrillingComics10.jpg

Shock Suspenstories #6 - book is about a 4.5/5.0 or so. Nice looking copy. Classic Wood cover. Asking price is $275 SOLD!

11ShockSuspenstories6.jpg

12ShockSuspenstories6back.jpg