• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw Golden Age books including Classic Covers, tough books, etc.

103 posts in this topic

I haven't seen a "take it" on the AMF yet, but I understand its gone :cry: ...

Sold via PM. Literally committed to it 30 seconds before you texted me.

:(

Hey Roy, ...... how many times would I have to wash your van and mow your lawn to score the Amazing Man 22 ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The year is almost up...not sure if that's good for you or bad for me! :devil:

I got snipped on the august auction. This was a no brainer
:pullhair: can't believe I missed this. Oh well less competition when the next one shows up, nice score.

By the way vintage anymore EC's? :wishluck:

No more EC's. Sorry.

Weird Science-Fantasy #29 CGC 4.5 COW. Book has been deslabbed and chip fell off after deslabbing. :cry: CGC label number is 0128099001 and comes with the book. One of the greatest Comic covers of all time, featuring Frazetta's Buck Rogers. Asking price $250 SOLD!

WeirdScienceFantasy29CGC4_5COW.jpg

:frustrated:

Good luck with the sales thread Roy, I am sure it's hard to part with these!!! Two of the top ten Centaurs in my opinion... :wishluck:

These are tough books to part with. Many I've owned for years. I do have something special coming down the pipe though... :cloud9:

Thanks guys.

Scans are in the thread. Had a few nibbles but this is what's left.

---------------------------------------------------------

Amazing-Man #22. Front cover and interior only. Missing back cover. Asking $1400. SOLD!

Captain Marvel Adventures #17 CGC 5.5 COW This book has been deslabbed. Asking $350

Pep Comics #21 Covers are detached. Asking $150.

Skyman #2 (1942) Technical grade is probably 3.5. Asking $300.

Three Dimension Comics #1 ( St. John's 9 / 53 ) 3D Glasses attached! 7.5/8.0 or so. Asking price is $200

Thrilling Comics #10 From a bound volume, front and rear covers are split and detached and outer edges are trimmed. Asking $350.

Wham Comics #2 CGC 5.5 White pages. Asking $750

Wonderworld Comics #3 2.0 or so. Asking $1050

Wonderworld Comics #10 - complete, front and rear cover split and detached. Asking $150

Marvel Mystery Comics #4 CGC 9.0 Off White pages MP Restored. Asking price $8500

Last book of the night.

Marvel Mystery Comics #4 CGC 9.0 Off White pages MP 1st Sub-Mariner cover appearance and second appearance of a swastika. One of the nicest copies of this book I have ever seen, this copy had minimal restoration done to it years ago. There is a chip fill at the top and bottom spine corners, some slight reinforcement near the top staple and some colour touch. The grader was torn between SP and MP, it's so minimal. The book would probably be somewhere in the Fine range without the resto. The last copy of this book I saw sell in high grade (a CGC 9.2) went for $50,000. The book looks and feels like a brand new book for a fraction of the price. I've turned down offers of $7500 and $8000 in the past. Asking price is now $8500.

MarvelMysteryComics49_0ow.jpg

MarvelMysteryComics49_0owb.jpg

hm

hm

I don't think I know a bigger Subby fan than you. hm

That last scan really doesn't do the book justice. This one represents the book better.

MarvelMysteryComics4CGC9_0OWSP.jpg

It hurts to part with this one. Gorgeous looking copy of a very, very tough book. Classic green Nazi Gorilla cover. List as Classic cover in Overstreet.

Amazing-Man #22. Front cover and interior only. Book looks to be about a Fine front cover but back cover is missing. There is a photocopy of the back cover included. Interior pages look nice and are likely OWW. There is rust on the staples and rust migration on the paper (interior pages). Asking price is $1400.

AmazingMan22001.jpg

:takeit: per pm