• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw Golden Age books including Classic Covers, tough books, etc.

103 posts in this topic

Gang, I'm going to put up some books for sale from my personal collection. If anybody wonders why I am selling these, it's because I've narrowed my focus for now as I pick up a few larger books I've had my eye on for some time. These books I am putting up for sale are usually decent looking mid grades although some will be lower or higher than mid grade. I'll give you as much info on the books as I can. Many will be difficult to price because they are tough to find so if you feel my prices are too high, I'm open to discussion.

I'll include shipping within North America in the prices.

Ready?

Had this one for quite a few years now. Bought it from our own sacentaur and had a spine roll pressed out. I love this cover.

Amazing Mystery Funnies V2 #10 3.0/3.5 or so. Spine is split 3" from bottom but both staples are still attached (bottom staple is attached to back cover). Pages are either Light Tan to Off White or Cream to Off White. Asking price is $450 SOLD!

1AmazingMysteryFunniesV210.jpg

1AmazingMysteryFunniesV210back.jpg

It hurts to part with this one. Gorgeous looking copy of a very, very tough book. Classic green Nazi Gorilla cover. List as Classic cover in Overstreet.

Amazing-Man #22. Front cover and interior only. Book looks to be about a Fine front cover but back cover is missing. There is a photocopy of the back cover included. Interior pages look nice and are likely OWW. There is rust on the staples and rust migration on the paper (interior pages). Asking price is $1400.

AmazingMan22001.jpg

It hurts to part with this one. Gorgeous looking copy of a very, very tough book. Classic green Nazi Gorilla cover. List as Classic cover in Overstreet.

Amazing-Man #22. Front cover and interior only. Book looks to be about a Fine front cover but back cover is missing. There is a photocopy of the back cover included. Interior pages look nice and are likely OWW. There is rust on the staples and rust migration on the paper (interior pages). Asking price is $1400.

AmazingMan22001.jpg

:o

AmazingMan22001.jpg

Great book!!

Captain America Comics #3. Back cover missing. Front cover is in the VG/F range and is taped to interior with two pieces of tape and a third piece of tape along the spine of the front cover. That is a circular rip on the right side of the cover (goes through the red arrow that points to the "War Zone". Another Classic cover. Needs no real explanation...but I'll do it anyway! :grin: Red Skull cover, green dress cover, Bondage cover, Schomburg cover. An CGC 0.5 (Incomplete) SA restored copy went for nearly $1500 a year ago. I figure that is a good asking price. $1500. SOLD!

CaptainAmericaComics3.jpg

Captain Marvel Adventures #17 CGC 5.5 COW - Another gorgeous Classic cover. This book has been deslabbed but comes with the label. Certification number is 1056594004. Terrific looking copy. Has rust on staples and very slight migration to cover. Book has tons of pressable defects and would likely upgrade to F/VF or so. Asking price is $350

3CaptainMarvelAdventures17CGC5_5.jpg

4CaptainMarvelAdventures17CGC5_5back.jpg