• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC or CGG

CGG or CGC  

624 members have voted

1. 1. CGG or CGC

139 posts in this topic

So what if "comics were meant to be read". Read your comics then. I could care less about reading mine. I did read some when I was a kid but think they are pretty boring to read now. I'd rather watch TV. These days, comics to me are purely a collectible. I like to collect cool stuff. Some day I may collect guitars as well, but that does not mean I'll play them. Some people collect cars but don't drive them. Why does anyone care what anyone does with their books anyway?

I'm not a collector of slabbed books for myself (I just slab to sell) but I think the idea of getting comics slabbed is a fantastic idea for rare or valuable comics, or just to put up for sale. Yeah, I think some people go a little overboard with slabbing moderns, but if there are those that want them, great.

For those that feel comics were just meant to be read, go read them. For me, comics were meant to be collected. The "collecting" part is where I get my entertainment out of it.

slab them all and sell them )

FF # 5 opening weekend of the new movie

Hulk - sell when Hulk 2 comes out

And TOS 39 sell two weeks after the Tom Cruise film comes out.

you should get at least $2,000 each, no problem.

please pass the salt!

CGC all the way-

one thing to remember-

PGX does not bar their graders from entering into business transactions of comics-also they can easily be making mad money by being dishonest

they also cannot detect restoration-trust me on this-I have seen it a thousand times

there grading does not, in my opinion, equal that of the industry standard or even match the Overstreet grading guide....

they also cannot detect restoration-trust me on this-I have seen it a thousand times

Can you tell us where you have seen this "a thousand times"? If not, give us a break already and stop talking out of your [#@$%!!!].

PGX does not bar their graders from entering into business transactions of comics-also they can easily be making mad money by being dishonest

And you know this for a fact. 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gif

because someone sells pgx books makes em a pgx employee? wow didn't know they had bsd's grading books :P

The fact they sell PGX books does not "make them" a PGX employee... but if you look at their past user ID and see it as "PGX-IT" then I would hope you would raise at least an eyebrow, given all the things said here in the past. gossip.gif

because someone sells pgx books makes em a pgx employee? wow didn't know they had bsd's grading books :P

The fact they sell PGX books does not "make them" a PGX employee... but if you look at their past user ID and see it as "PGX-IT" then I would hope you would raise at least an eyebrow, given all the things said here in the past. gossip.gif

Terence Leder chose the PGX-It name because he was trying to advertise for PGX to help the company get legitimacy and brand recognition. He was slabbing tons of books with PGX, so it would obviously help him if PGX became a more recognized brand.

I know of one person recently who purposefully submitted a book with replaced staples to PGX to see if they'd catch it. They didn't. screwy.gif He did the work himself with no practice, so he is as amateur as they come. He also said that the staples and surrounding paper were a mess and that the swap had been obvious.

The person (not me) did it as a test and is not going to sell the book in the holder.

Anyway, I think PGX really needs to bolster its restoration detection abilities. If they'd fix that, though, I'd submit "for sale" books to them for slabbing. Their prices and turnaround times are far better than CGC's.

Remember if slabbing a comic is so bad, why isn't slabbing a coin just as bad?

I have yet to see someone try to spend a slabbed coin! You still have to remove it from the slab to spend it...

I am truly sick of this whole slab vs. read comic debate

I only buy slabbed comics-my opinion-I prefer it....

Again-if you check out past threads in the comics general forum-you will see that a forum member already submitted a restored comic to PGX and it came back unrestored....

funny how all you PGX supporters don't seem to want to talk about that....