• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Candid VCC Discussion - Post your Opinions.

194 posts in this topic

Advertising would really help. I stumbled across a pre-VCC discussion thread, or I would've been oblivious. Maybe a banner on the site?

This is exactly why I have only attended the last 3. I was frequenting the forums on the 2 VCCs prior, but, I had no idea such a thing existed. Like you, I stumbled across a discussion thread prior to my first one as well.

I like the idea of the VCC and enjoy browsing all the great books. Unfortunately, I never seem to find what I need for my collection.

I'd love to be a buyer but so far nothing from the VCC has been needed.

Man, I wish I had that problem. :P

I like the idea of the VCC and enjoy browsing all the great books. Unfortunately, I never seem to find what I need for my collection.

If you let people know what your interests are, they may list some of those types of books. Most of us can't fit everything into a booth.

I've got four long boxes of Romance Books (don't ask), but I wouldn't list them unless I knew there were buyers...

DC Romance? :banana:

Nice to see it was a successful VCC for so many folks. Looking forward to the 2014 schedule
You'll have to swing by my booth - it will be like deja vu all over again :banana:

p.s. Wish you could have posted a booth - you have some good stuff :baiting:

Well, my opinion is this thing is poorly promoted ;)

I've been here almost 2 years, have purchased dozens and dozens of keys from a number of you and have NO idea what the heck VCC is, where I can find it or how it works? (shrug)

Maybe a nice simplified 1-page FAQ sheet in the comic general? Then perhaps a link with more info for those interested?

I really don't know anything about this but it sounds like I missed out :(

There is a VCC HALL sub-forum that's been here for MANY, MANY years. We've also had many charity drives there although you may not have been around for some of the earlier ones.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=80&page=1

(It's at the bottom) :gossip:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=69

@Erndog: I figured out by trial & error.

It is simply a "virtual convention" (running within a thread) where each participant reserves a "booth" (a single post) which has the limitations a single post has on the architecture of this forum. I.e. you can’t insert above a certain number of pictures (miniatures are requested). You can also set up an external "booth" (thread) of your own if your books exceed the space allowed, outside the thread and withing the VCC directory. :)

And yes, we've had 26 (TWENTY SIX).. THAT'S TWENTY SIX of them. Each has been promoted in Comics General and other forums on this messageboard. :makepoint:

lol

Ok, well I'm clearly a first timer and am just skimming through the thread.

If anyone wants my "candid" first timer opinions, I'll be glad to give em. If you want me to keep my trap shut, then I'll do that too. (not that anyone would care what I have to say... but a newbies opinion might be beneficial (shrug))

If you let people know what your interests are, they may list some of those types of books. Most of us can't fit everything into a booth.

I've got four long boxes of Romance Books (don't ask), but I wouldn't list them unless I knew there were buyers...

List 'em, list 'em! :D