• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con finally a 3 day con Sept 5-7, 2014

186 posts in this topic

With on site grading if you're there early enough does it happen that day or do you have to come back at the end of the show. Anyone familiar with how it works. Can you wait while it's done?

Typically, more expensive tiers are done sooner and possibly even same day. The less expensive tiers can be done either same day or next day, depending on how busy they are. If they're really slammed, end of weekend is a possibility.

I'd have a back up plan for someone to pick up your books if you can't be there all weekend just in case.

With on site grading if you're there early enough does it happen that day or do you have to come back at the end of the show. Anyone familiar with how it works. Can you wait while it's done?

Not really - the on-site grading guarantee is that your books will be completed by the end of the show; it's not meant as a same-day service (unless you feel like paying for the walkthru tier).

For instance, at this weekends WW Philly, books that were subbed right when the show opened on Thursday started coming down for pickup Friday night & Saturday morning.

I will be attending this year
I wonder if it is too late for me to withdraw my attendance hm

Do it.

Apparently booths are non refundable. Maybe Greggy will bring me a coke zero :idea:

Do it.

Apparently booths are non refundable. Maybe Greggy will bring me a coke zero :idea:

I may have to go to this show now

Do it.

I may have to go to this show now

Bring coke zeros !! :headbang:

So where is everyone staying?

I was thinking Monaco Baltimore if anyone has previously stayed there. It is $219 a night, but I'll be going with my girlfriend so want to stay somewhere nice (not Four Seasons nice $$$). It is a straight 6 minute walk according to Google Maps.

I can't remember if this was already discussed earlier in the thread, but which hotel is the one that is attached to the convention center? Is it the Sheraton?

Earlier in the thread they were talking about how Sheraton does a comic con package for like $120 a night, so I imagine that is the one attached.