• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Con Report with pics.

73 posts in this topic

Not sure but wow it is impressive.

WP_20130908_054.jpg

This guy came in second at the costume contest. If anyone knows who came in first please let me know.

That my good sir is a Space Marine from Warhammer 40k ...

Very Well Done too

Thank you. (thumbs u

X-men (I think not sure about the guy on the right)

WP_20130908_060-1.jpg

Great looking Beast and Nightcrawler costumes. I was thinking the third person is trying to be Mister Sinister, but then noticed the "X" belt buckle.

Maybe he is Sunspot?!

Sunspot.jpg

Rodney Fyke just posted on Facebook that the vendor next to him had $400 stolen from him at the show. Why is this becoming a common trend? It is a shame to hear stories like this.

Whenever I'm at a show it floors me to see vendors who leave money pouches out in plain sight inside their booth. It's their business, they can run it however they want, but IMO that is asking for trouble. There is virtually no security presence at some shows and the amount of foot traffic in a booth would make keeping tracking of such a small, yet valuable item, very difficult.

X-men (I think not sure about the guy on the right)

WP_20130908_060-1.jpg

Looks like he's Phoenix Five Cyclops. Probably chose to make the Phoenix chest emblem yellow to make it more apparent that he is a Phoenix entity. His eye visor appears to be hanging around his neck.

PhoenixFiveCyclops_zpsb92f90ce.jpg

Confessions of a comicon rookie.

Don't let this happen to you. Buy your tix online and opt for VIP.

Standing in a line longer than the monsters inc ride at Disney world. :(

That's good advice. About 5 years ago i made the same mistake. Ever since i have ordered online. Also if you can, get the VIP pass. It's amazing how much time you save by avoiding the main line. While inline for our passes we started talking to a woman in the main line. She was about the 50th person from the door. She got there at 6:30. That is a lot of waiting.

OK on with the report.

I can't agree more. I drove down from NJ, leaving at 6:00 AM; maps stated 175 miles in about 2.5 hours. I sat still on the NJ TPKE from 6:45 to about8:30 AM bc the TPKE was closed due to a bad accident. I had purchased a VIP pass and was nothing but frustrated the whole 4.75 hour ride!!!!!

I get to the con at about 11:15ish, all mad bc I felt I wasted my early entry. The line was LONG by that point and I'm getting more stressed than ever...

I start passing everybody looking for the VIP line, get to the corner where the main enterence is and find the line. There was no line, I grabbed my VIP badge from will call and went right in.

VIP badge was my savior! Had a blast, going next year for sure!!!