• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinite Modern Horror Thread

160 posts in this topic

From Dark Horse was this four issue mini. Pretty cool, at times it reminded me of an old B-movie called (I think) "Race With The Devil" starring Peter Fonda. The story features a family being chased by an eerie Satanic Cult.

Notice a common name on all these titles? It ain't Rob Zombie! Although he does make an appearence in this years Simpsons Treehouse of Horrors!

628176-TheNail%234.jpg

Pssst!...Steve Niles. thumbsup2.gif

589a8d39e68cf_628176-TheNail4.jpg.894f2864601a24c757107f07df78d5cd.jpg

Just read this one in the last week, so far, so good and a great cover to boot:

BACOH001.JPG

Brother J I agree completely!

Art on inside was nice too and a horror DC book to boot! thumbsup2.gif

And... Welcome to the Boards!

I just picked up Issue 201 of Hellblazer. Now by the Avatar you know I'm biased, but this issue was just everything a horror story was meant to be. Its a stand alone issue 893whatthe.gif no mini-arc - I applaud Vertigo once again for bucking the trend they started and producing one issues stand alone stories every once in a while in all their series.

HB 201 just reminded me of the classic BA and few precode issues I have. Great story, art and all self contained - it doesnt labor underneath the weight of continuity, yet captures the essense of Hellblazer. The only thing I wasn't nuts about was the cover, but the contents blew me away. thumbsup2.gif

I just picked up Issue 201 of Hellblazer. Now by the Avatar you know I'm biased, but this issue was just everything a horror story was meant to be. Its a stand alone issue 893whatthe.gif no mini-arc - I applaud Vertigo once again for bucking the trend they started and producing one issues stand alone stories every once in a while in all their series.

HB 201 just reminded me of the classic BA and few precode issues I have. Great story, art and all self contained - it doesnt labor underneath the weight of continuity, yet captures the essense of Hellblazer. The only thing I wasn't nuts about was the cover, but the contents blew me away. thumbsup2.gif

I'm gonna have to check it out! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif