• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinite Modern Horror Thread

160 posts in this topic

Ever wonder what somebody looks like after Godzilla steps on 'em?

Well here ya go with this cover of Giant Monster!

Sheesh, though they ought to have titled it "Giant Price" with that $6.99 tag! blush.gif

971688-GiantMonster%231.jpg

589a8d3c32793_971688-GiantMonster1.jpg.1b0c67b321cd3addbdb5d5dedcc5a339.jpg

Here's an interesting book. A smaller format book by Steve Niles and Nikki Niles.

Not sure whether Nikki is his wife or daughter but it is a strange story with a "Tim Burton" feel to it.

971707-TheLonelyTombstone.jpg

971707-TheLonelyTombstone.jpg.fe9b559f85887e2d1465c4b21b20745f.jpg

Last for now but WOW, I really like this book! Story is getting interesting and the cover speaks for itself!

The cover artist is Oscar Rodriguez and I recommend checking out his art on his web page It IS pretty cool stuff! thumbsup2.gif

971717-Ashes%232.jpg

589a8d3c3b706_971717-Ashes2.jpg.1517fa9622736621cc173f44cea4fdc1.jpg

Ever wonder what somebody looks like after Godzilla steps on 'em?

Well here ya go with this cover of Giant Monster!

Sheesh, though they ought to have titled it "Giant Price" with that $6.99 tag! blush.gif

971688-GiantMonster%231.jpg

That is a pretty cool idea for a cover....

1) I'm surprised that no one mentioned Flinch, the Vertigo horror anthology from the 90s.

It lasted long enough to create a handful of classics.

flinch1off.jpg

2) The Drive-in by Lansdale has already been mentioned, but its so F&*ked up that I have to recommend it myself.

http://www.avatarpress.com/drivein/

drivein1.jpg

3) Weird Western Tales, Weird War Tales and Gangland by Vertigo were all great minis.

4) Trailer Park of Terror is a low production value favorite. But it may be hard to find.

http://imperiumcomics.com/_wsn/page3.html

tpotsm.jpg

5) Lansdale and Truman's On the Far Side With Dead Folks is a decent zombie title.

http://www.avatarpress.com/deadfolks/

dead1.jpg

Well I hope that I can contribute to keeping this thread afloat. Why isn't it stuck to the top so that we don't have to dig it up all of the time? How do we make that happen?

Well I hope that I can contribute to keeping this thread afloat. Why isn't it stuck to the top so that we don't have to dig it up all of the time? How do we make that happen?

Well, the Mods have to make that call. It would help if the thread was contributed to on more of a regular basis. gossip.gif

I started a thread in the GA section that has over 21,000 views & 1,500 posts, but it hasn't been made "sticky" yet. Don't hold your breath! wink.gif

Well, the Mods have to make that call. It would help if the thread was contributed to on more of a regular basis. gossip.gif

I started a thread in the GA section that has over 21,000 views & 1,500 posts, but it hasn't been made "sticky" yet. Don't hold your breath! wink.gif

Yeah but Horror threads are always fun to "dig up" grin.gif

Bongo's Treehouse of Horrors almost slipped by me as I'm not sure when it came out. I just noticed it in my LCS yesterday!

One reason to pick it up: ERIC POWELL ART! cloud9.gif

1416401-TreehouseofHorror%2312Art.jpg

Thanks for letting me know that he is on that issue. I'll have to pick it up.

I remember when this issue came out. I read it that night and at the end of the book it had an e-mail address to leave feedback. I left a message something like Troll Bridge rocks! and within 15 min. Dan Brereton e-mails me back to say thanks! crazy.gifthumbsup2.gif

1464772-NocturnalsTrollBridge%231.jpg

589a8d3c504da_1464772-NocturnalsTrollBridge1.jpg.bbe6becd768cdaee03704334b341a814.jpg