• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinite Modern Horror Thread

160 posts in this topic

I hope this 30 Days thing doesn't get out of control.....

Too late, Jayman! 27_laughing.gif

Steve Niles appears repeatedly on Bravo's "100 Scariest Movie Moments" to weigh in his opinions on horror flicks. He is alway only credited as:

Steve Niles, writer "30 Days of Night." 893applaud-thumb.gif

I post this just for you, Jayman, as I think you might be the biggest Niles fan I know of.

And this might get you going: A few months back I bought some Brown original art off of Niles (from the "I AM LEGEND" adaptation) and he agreed to do an interview with me for HCR. hehehhehe........

That being said, I DO have a beef with IDW because of the unprofessional, bad dealings I have had with them repeatedly. But I won't go into that... yet....

I hope this 30 Days thing doesn't get out of control.....

Too late, Jayman! 27_laughing.gif

Steve Niles appears repeatedly on Bravo's "100 Scariest Movie Moments" to weigh in his opinions on horror flicks. He is alway only credited as:

Steve Niles, writer "30 Days of Night." 893applaud-thumb.gif

I post this just for you, Jayman, as I think you might be the biggest Niles fan I know of.

I am enjoying the stories although the Templesmith art took some "warming up" to!

And this might get you going: A few months back I bought some Brown original art off of Niles (from the "I AM LEGEND" adaptation) and he agreed to do an interview with me for HCR. hehehhehe........

thumbsup2.gif

That being said, I DO have a beef with IDW because of the unprofessional, bad dealings I have had with them repeatedly. But I won't go into that... yet....

Interesting...would like to hear about it, prehaps after the interview? crazy.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wow! I really had to dig this thread outta the ground!

Must keep that Modern horror going also!

This is a title I'm enjoying very much and yes, Steve Niles is involved but this cover just sets such a creepy mood I would have picked it up just for that alone.

660587-TheLurkers%232.jpg

Hey Keith, how's that Steve Niles interview going?

589a8d39f105f_660587-TheLurkers2.jpg.f491d1b175785eeda30866bd91f4e8ee.jpg

Umm...I think this is Volume 4 of this title if the Tefe Swamp Thing is considered Vol. 3. Anyway I am enjoying this so far. The creative team promised they would dive back into traditional horror and guess what, they brought Arcane back from Hell...again! While the story is good I'm still not sure I'm happy with this but we'll see... The great art on the demons and corpses really enhances this story though!

660594-SwampThingVol4%2310.jpg

589a8d3a014b7_660594-SwampThingVol410.jpg.14c9655ad8f624f4c0b3b230f0087fba.jpg

What? A Marvel? How dare y- YES a Marvel!!!

I am REALLY enjoying this one so far! Plot synopsis: Every 1,000 years the King of the vampires (Dracula) can transform into a being with godlike powers to rule/destroy the world. Trouble is he must go into a cacoon like state where he is vunerable to attack but he is guarded by all sorts of vampirific guards. This is the best time for Blade and an assembled group of Vampire Killers to finally wipe out ole Drac. This cover is the nicest to date IMHO!

660602-TombofDraculaVol2%233.jpg

589a8d3a0433d_660602-TombofDraculaVol23.jpg.62d3b2903ac88974ea2705e8ecb50d1f.jpg

Wasn't Bruce Jones supposed to -script this? Does anyone know what happened? I heard he signed a loyalty clause with another publisher, and therefor was only able to get his name listed early on as a person of creative input or something. Guess I need to check out this series.

Wasn't Bruce Jones supposed to -script this? Does anyone know what happened? I heard he signed a loyalty clause with another publisher, and therefor was only able to get his name listed early on as a person of creative input or something. Guess I need to check out this series.

You know, I didn't even realize that he was off the book! Jones' name is listed on the cover of the first ish. then replaced with Palmer for ish. 2 and 3. Don't know what happened but, bummer, as this was one of the reasons I was interested in this mini.

I'm with ya, Jayman! I was really chomping at the bit to see Bruce get back to writing some horror material and put your boy Niles in his place... poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif JK!!!! grin.gif

I heard Jones signed a loyalty clause with DC, so hopefully he might get a chance at scripting some stuff for the Vertigo imprint! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm with ya, Jayman! I was really chomping at the bit to see Bruce get back to writing some horror material and put your boy Niles in his place... poke2.gif

Hey, I'd love to see a Jones/Niles story competition! cloud9.gif

Better yet, an anthology book with both writers contributing. Are you listening IDW? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Speaking of IDW, this one-shot that came out recently had some nice art by Shaun Thomas but I must confess the story had me a little confused: was the girl good or evil? (I guess I need to know more about the game?)

664113-SilentHillAmongTheDamned%231.jpg

Inside sample...

664113-SilentHillAmongTheDamnedart.jpg

664113-SilentHillAmongTheDamnedart.jpg.6c89b7a8b3aae820162ebd857edb11ee.jpg

Am I the only one who likes Modern Horror? frown.gif

I dig this thread up more than Egor digs up cadavers for good old Doc Frankenstein! grin.gif

Speaking of which...this almost slipped under my radar if not for another thread on these boards. From the Wachowski Bros. (Matrix fame) comes a new take on our favorite stitched-together monster. Some nice art and an interesting story so far. From Burlyman Entertainment!?! confused-smiley-013.gif

683609-DocFrankenstein%231.jpg

589a8d3a0e0d0_683609-DocFrankenstein1.jpg.473ea3362176332926177d9761a84730.jpg

On to the Olde West next for this pic. This anthology title is spinning some really nice horror tales with only one ongoing stotyline (watch out for the Pig-arm!!!). I am just not crazy about the self promotion blurbs on the cover of this issue! "Wizard Indie Buzz Book" c'monnn!

683614-WesternTalesOfTerror%232.jpg

589a8d3a11370_683614-WesternTalesOfTerror2.jpg.3b98ad1cd1000b546596c1a15531880c.jpg