• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinite Modern Horror Thread

160 posts in this topic

Came across this recently and I wasn’t aware it even existed, Gore Shriek 6½.

Issue states inside front cover it was only available from the artists or from FantaCo Enterprises Inc. No copies were available wholesale.

Issue measures 5¼ x 8½ and features very cool artwork and stories by "the Gurch"!

1695974-GoreShriek%236%BD.jpg

Back

1695974-GoreShriek%236%bdBack.jpg

Holy CRAAPP!!! That's awesome headbang.gif

Whew, just dusted off this thread in time for Halloween.

A few new books that I picked up that look interesting. Not near a scanner so forgive the pics. First up: Simon Dark

This book looks very cool for several reasons: Gotham City's new protector will enevitably butt heads with Batman. Simon Dark seems to be a cross between Leatherface and the Crow. Steve Niles at DC! :applause:

46131-SimonDark.jpg.cfff98345571d8b6f047eee6e24563bd.jpg

Living with the Dead. Grabbed this one because of the Corben cover and it actually was entertaining! As the cover states there is an included survival kit that includes a disguise (paper mask) and a recipe for Chicken ala King (which I'm going to make tonight :grin: ).

46133-LivingwiththeDead.jpg.fce6e1d65ad657c86a98bc93c7caccde.jpg

Living with the Dead. Grabbed this one because of the Corben cover and it actually was entertaining! As the cover states there is an included survival kit that includes a disguise (paper mask) and a recipe for Chicken ala King (which I'm going to make tonight :grin: ).

That actually sounds pretty good! I'll have to pick that up!

What, the Chicken ala King or the book? :baiting:

Actually I can say that you'll like it. The characters have a very inventive way of getting around (the dead). :grin:

lol Well, both sound good actually, but I think my wife already made something else for dinner :P

I'll have to check it out....I'm guessing you are referring to the zombie/skeleton masks that are on the cover?

Well I don't want to spoil it for you, but I did make the Chicken a La King tonight and it was tasty!

I waited till after Lynn and I finished dinner to show her where I got the recipe from! :whistle:

She asked if we were going to die now. lol

Well I don't want to spoil it for you, but I did make the Chicken a La King tonight and it was tasty!

I waited till after Lynn and I finished dinner to show her where I got the recipe from! :whistle:

She asked if we were going to die now. lol

lol That's awesome! I'm going to try pulling the same thing with my wife :devil:

It's a 3 part series I believe. It's in my pull list. Also, since I also love Westerns, I'm pulling Graveslinger...looks interesting...mixture of horror/western.

It's a 3 part series I believe. It's in my pull list. Also, since I also love Westerns, I'm pulling Graveslinger...looks interesting...mixture of horror/western.

Graveslinger? :insane:

You mean the Deadlander ish I posted? Great art inside with an interesting story so far...

Yes, Graveslinger. 1 of 4

Arizona, 1873. Frank Timmons, former soldier and lawman as well as undertaker at Arizona's Gila Flats Territorial Prison, accidentally releases 117 dead killers from Hell. Frank roams the West, tracking them down and trying desperately to avoid his own damnation. Dying in the effort isn't an option.

graveslinger01_cover.jpg

Arizona, 1873. Frank Timmons, former soldier and lawman as well as undertaker at Arizona's Gila Flats Territorial Prison, accidentally releases 117 dead killers from Hell. Frank roams the West, tracking them down and trying desperately to avoid his own damnation. Dying in the effort isn't an option.

graveslinger01_cover.jpg

What a rip-off there was a long drawn out story line in the Vancouver Kid where he released 666 damned souls from hell.

I didn't know that. It sounded cool, and I was easily amused. It actually kinda sounded like The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. meets Spawn. Must check that Vancouver Kid series. If you have the issues where that story appears, that would be cool.

graveslinger01_cover.jpg

Cool, this one slipped by me. I'll have to go look for it as I do like my western horror! (thumbs u

Umm...I think this is Volume 4 of this title if the Tefe Swamp Thing is considered Vol. 3. Anyway I am enjoying this so far. The creative team promised they would dive back into traditional horror and guess what, they brought Arcane back from Hell...again! While the story is good I'm still not sure I'm happy with this but we'll see... The great art on the demons and corpses really enhances this story though!

660594-SwampThingVol4%2310.jpg

That Swamp Thing cover is awesome. I am going to keep an eye open for that one.

I didn't realize this thread was here and made a new thread but Ill will post my pic in here as well of my latest horror books.

modernmonster.jpg

Resurrected back from the crypt, Infinite Modern Horror! :headbang:

I'm a Simpsons fan and this is still a book I look forward to every Halloween season!

In this issue they did a great spoof on the Mars Attack cards.

105259.jpg.a1d1ba5255e33f7bd3363a9d8a963dfc.jpg

105261.jpg.7d42143222a9d227e1fa92e34367aaac.jpg