• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AT LAST

121 posts in this topic

I think it's not meant to be read as "only $100K", rather "only for sale at the stated price". i.e., it's not subject to the bid system applicable for non-Vault books on the site. Having said that, I see that the Sgt Fury 1 went for less than the listed price. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's a pretty one, but $100,000.00?

I wonder if I could get 2 or 3 Marvel Comics #1 for that figure? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm not nocking the book, no way, but Metropolis has an October (1st printing) CGC VG/F copy of Marvel Comics # 1 for $60,000.00. That IMHO would be money better spent.

VG/F:5.0 CGC October copy Nicolas Cage Copy

First printing. Much rarer than the November printing which is the second printing. This is the highest graded unrestored October copy in existence. Plenty of high grade November copies around. We've had some amazing books over the years. This is one. $60000.00

Question from Mr. Ignorant here.......have groups of collectors (and I'm not talking dealers) ever gotten together and formed a partnership to acquire super high end books? Sounds like a workable idea....with the right group of people of course.

Metropolis has an October (1st printing) CGC VG/F copy of Marvel Comics # 1 for $60,000.00. That IMHO would be money better spent.

VG/F:5.0 CGC October copy Nicolas Cage Copy

First printing. Much rarer than the November printing which is the second printing. This is the highest graded unrestored October copy in existence. Plenty of high grade November copies around. We've had some amazing books over the years. This is one. $60000.00

Leave it alone its mine. devil.gifcloud9.gifhail.gif

Question from Mr. Ignorant here.......have groups of collectors (and I'm not talking dealers) ever gotten together and formed a partnership to acquire super high end books? Sounds like a workable idea....with the right group of people of course.

How much would my contribution of $20 buy? tongue.gif

Kinda like that episode of the Simpsons with the Radioactive Man 1 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You would all have to be into the same things though, only a few on here would do this thing with me as i wouldn't chip in for some crappy Marvels! tongue.gif

Sweet TOS 39 BTW! hail.gif

Kinda like that episode of the Simpsons with the Radioactive Man 1 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You would all have to be into the same things though, only a few on here would do this thing with me as i wouldn't chip in for some crappy Marvels! tongue.gif

Sweet TOS 39 BTW! hail.gif

Okay, anyone who wants in.......please paypal me $3,750.00 by 4pm.

Didn't Ideal Collectibles mention a conglomerate who were busy purchasing FF #48 9.8's et al ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Didn't Ideal Collectibles mention a conglomerate who were busy purchasing FF #48 9.8's et al ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Speaking of FF 48 9.8, there's one on the Pedigree Comics site:

FF 48 CGC 9.8 on Pedigree Site

Wow, Doug sure has a lot of nice books out there......