• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AT LAST

121 posts in this topic

I saw the TOS #39 in CGC 9.6 (White Mountain) in person last night. hail.gif

It's definitely a $100K book (of course that's coming from someone who's never spent more than $5K on a book).

insane.gif

That was the topic of this thread correct?

It's definitely a $100K book (of course that's coming from someone who's never spent more than $5K on a book).

insane.gif

Blame namisgr. yay.gif

insane.gif

Blame namisgr. yay.gif

Guilty as charged, your honor. devil.gif I vaguely recall the subject turning to the arrival date on this mega-key book, which in turn begat a discussion of markings on pedigrees in general.

So Steve, I take it you did not find the arrival date diminished the quality of the book in any way? And what other obscenely-preserved key books did you get to peruse? Drop us some dirt, here!

The fun part of the story is that Doug and I went out to dinner and he just brings a box of books into the restaurant. Fortunately for him, know one but us knows that he's caring around a half a million dollars worth of books.

I saw the FF #1 CGC 9.6

Incredible Hulk #1 CGC 9.2

TOS #39 CGC 9.6

And a few other FF's like #7 and #16 (which I think were 9.6's at least). Also a CGC 9.8 X-Men #11.

I've seen the PC CGC 9.6 X-Men #1 before so that's no biggy!!! tongue.gif

Regarding the TOS #39 with the date, it wouldn't bother me on that book. Basically because of the location, and the fact that it is written cleanly with only 63, it's not a distraction.

Sweet! I'm hoping to have a dinner like that with Doug one of these days. (memo to self, move to Florida).

So what did you think of the 9.6 FF 1? That, probably more than any other SA book, really blows me away.

Sweet! I'm hoping to have a dinner like that with Doug one of these days. (memo to self, move to Florida).

So what did you think of the 9.6 FF 1? That, probably more than any other SA book, really blows me away.

that was/is a NICE book, as doug would say. he brought it out to my place one saturday with Lisa and little Jackie. he had seven books in a brown grocery bag, which in turn was in a black plastic garbage bag. after he left i mentioned to Ellen that we had just looked at about a half million bucks of comics 893whatthe.gif

Doug is really one unaffected dude. sorry to see him head south. but i know he was crazed the last 2 nights as he's a HUGE yankee fan thumbsup2.gif

the length, breadth and quality of his personal collection is truly staggering - i got to see most of the early Marvel runs and after awhile you're just numb. i mean when every single book in a run is better than your best (and you've got some NICE books) it gets hard to comprehend.............

the length, breadth and quality of his personal collection is truly staggering - i got to see most of the early Marvel runs and after awhile you're just numb. i mean when every single book in a run is better than your best (and you've got some NICE books) it gets hard to comprehend.............

I remember Doug handing me over a Curator Avengers #2........that banana yellow cover is burned onto my retina. Glad I had the opportunity to check out his collection.

And the way Lisa served Jack his dinner on a non-pedigree slabbed Avengers #4 9.6.....that was awesome.

hey Kev, notice anything silly about that FF movie poster?

why does the human torch become a sillhouette like the others??? he looks like shaggy man or something. Flames dont turn black against even the brightest light behind them!!!

hey Kev, notice anything silly about that FF movie poster?

why does the human torch become a sillhouette like the others??? he looks like shaggy man or something. Flames dont turn black against even the brightest light behind them!!!

I asked the same exact question in another thread yesterday.....good eye teamie!