• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well, I got suckered on this Detective #31...

162 posts in this topic

Feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, but I spoke to a Paypal rep today, and it looks like I'll be okay. Fairly certain this was sold through a hijacked account. Anyone know who really owns it? Scans were lifted by the "seller" from a 2011 listing, when it sold on eBay for $19,995.

Thanks. :foryou:

tec31_zps586ca0ad.jpg

tec31bc_zps1b85e045.jpg

:o

I know. I can't believe I fell for it. Didn't take too much research to establish that the account was hijacked. doh!

I figure if I can establish that someone other than the "seller" actually has possession of the book, it might speed things up a bit.

Looks like Roy's old copy at one point

Yep, and I know who he sold it to(I knew that table in the pics looked familiar!), and I now know the eBay handle of the person that bought it there in November of 2011. I've just messaged him through eBay to see if he/she still owns the book.

do you have the old listing?? Was it a buy now, or auction?....you should report it to the FBI if it is out of state.....wire fraud

The eBay account is from Dayton, Ohio, but it was hijacked by someone who could live anywhere on the planet.

I don't have the old listing, but I have the next best thing...greatestcollectibles.com