• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going to Buffalo...

34 posts in this topic

Don't know if you'll be in town for the week, but The Card Store has half off new books on Wednesdays when paying with cash. The owner's a great guy and can find you any key you're looking for.

Yes, it is true the owner is a good guy but he has nothing in the terms of old comics. He claims that he has a ton of stuff, but doesn't want to sell any of it.

I might appear to be a newb by post count, but I'm a mature collector who has been watching the boards for quite a while ... cheers. Maybe I should start posting more.

Welcome to the Boards.

Not if you're a Pats fan! Welcome anyway. :applause:

You gunna come to my neck of the woods for a bills game? I am going to the Ravens and bills.

I'm actually going to be in Buffalo the weekend before (when they are away at the Jets) for a wedding.

BTW, I'm a Bills fan! It's just living in the Boston area for many years, I've come to embrace the New England teams. When the Pats play the Bills I've migrated to rooting for the Pats which leads to a fun rivalry with my siblings who all still live in WNY.

Hey Wally, you should see if BlowUpTheMoon can meet you for brews and wings so you guys can talk comics and football.

yeah, I'm not sure if I'm going to have time for that this go round.

I'm traveling with a group for this outing and staying with a friend of ours that used to work for Duke.

I was just asking about LCS's in case I really had to get away to see something.

I never want to miss anything if I have an opportunity.

The guys that have migrated down from Buffalo to Durham are nothing short of awesome. I was just checking to see if that was a Buffalo thing and if boardees that share this cool factor were going to be in either location for us to meet.

(thumbs u

the card store on union rd cheektowaga

queen city books main street buffalo

dons atomic comics transit rd depew

dreamland broadway Lancaster/depew

i know there are a few more that i am probably leaving out but buffalo is a great place particularly during football season....good luck

What an awesome time!

It was great to be traveling and staying with locals.

I noticed all of the Mom and Pop places totally crush the chain restaurants and I'd pass 100's of chains to get to solid local fare.

I saw the total beauty of Wegmans (a food mall if people hasn't heard of this)

I mainly stayed in Orchard Park but venture down to south buffalo to some key places (Duff's wings, Pappaceno's pizza, The Byrd House bar and backdoor alley and Blackthorn)

Jack Devines fish fry was insane! For under $20 you get to feast on this beast of haddock WOW! (marbled rye - Yes!)

141213.jpg

141222.jpg

we sat in the same end zone side where the winning TD was caught - SWEET!

141216.jpg

141220.jpg

A Recap...

Fish Plate at Jack Devines = $20

Tickets to a Bills game = $75

A plane ride to Buffalo = $200

Calling someone to get the drunken a-hole off the hood of car so you can go home = Priceless!

141225.jpg

Here's to the Polish/Irish Drunken Debacle weekend!

:cloud9:

I beg to differ on the no ... I think. I just recently won a really nice X-Men #1 CGC 4.0 OW pages from Dave & Adam's card world out of Tonawanda. Got a complementary gift cert with the super fast (and awesomely packaged) delivery and have now ordered two pretty great pre-hero CGC graded JIMs. High quality books. I currently live in the Boston area, but I grew up in the Buffalo area and these guys impressed me! I admit I haven't visited a brick & mortar store but it appears they have more than one. I would check them out.

Oh yea, I rooted for the Pats vs the Bills last week ... Internal pull, unplanned cardiac stress.

Oh yea #2. I might appear to be a newb by post count, but I'm a mature collector who has been watching the boards for quite a while ... cheers. Maybe I should start posting more.

That was the exception I was going to mention.

But they were mostly buying and didn't have a big inventory last time i stopped by.

Don't you know how to get drunken a-holes off of your car yourself? Crank it up, put it in reverse, gun the engine, then whip the steering wheel around.

Ta-da, no more drunk person on your car.

:D

yeah, I think the girl was just there to take a photo.

I just wanted to add a semi-humorous quip to the situation.

141224.jpg

In Toronto, we don't go to Buffalo to see the Bills; the Bills come to us. ;)

nice!

you going?

I went to see the Bills play in Toronto the first three years (2008-2010). About one-third cheered for the Bills, another third for the opposition, and the rest just sits there. While there is adequate support and interest in Toronto, it's nothing like watching a Bills game in Buffalo (despite my earlier pompous statement).

What a terrific game you got to see.