• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman 1 on Ebay coverless & no reserve

19 posts in this topic

Seriously what is the price these days for a normal coverless complete copy of Superman 1.

I think there will be a lot of interest in this one because coverless copies never seem to come up, but..... trimmed on 3 sides and split at the spine....ugh.

Still, I think $6000 - $8000 is where this one is headed.

Seriously what is the price these days for a normal coverless complete copy of Superman 1.

I think there will be a lot of interest in this one because coverless copies never seem to come up, but..... trimmed on 3 sides and split at the spine....ugh.

This copy is missing the last page, not complete.

This copy is missing the last page, not complete.

I forgot about that missing last page... Can it hit $5000 as an incomplete? I'm sure if someone is missing a CF they might be looking at this.

So, what would a complete coverless copy go for?

I own a complete coverless, and I've always thought to myself that IF I were to sell it (which I'm not), I wouldn't let it go for less than $10,000.

Back when I bought it 7 years ago I had a plan to buy a coverless copy of Superman 1 every year. I had a naive notion that there would always be one available. Now I know how lucky I was to even get 1 copy, because they NEVER come up for sale. And when they do, they're missing pieces.

I'll be really curious to see what this incomplete one on ebay goes for.

SOLD for $6777.

That's a pretty high price for an incomplete coverless copy that's been trimmed on three sides.

Looks like there were two bidders that drove it up at the end.

Perhaps my thought that a regular "complete" untrimmed coverless copy would sell in the $10,000 range is correct.