• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Action #251

10 posts in this topic

Another book I picked up in Baltimore. Trying to get the old grading muscles back in shape, want to see what I think - and my local shop thinks - compares to those around here.

Cover and centerfold still attached, book is pretty flat. Thanks in advance for any comments you can give me.

action251_001_zps49525beb.jpg

action251_002_zps61d80248.jpg

Cool cover! 2.0 to 2.5.Too bad about the writing and ink on the back cover. IMHO I would have bumped it half a grade without it.

Yeah, I love those old Silver Age DC covers. I also picked up a classic "gorilla cover" issue of Superman that I've been thinking of posting here.

Thanks for the comments.

Besides the huge FC crease, I see stains. On the BC I see scribble and a small edge tear. However, there is nothing missing. 3.0 tops for me.

Stains - are you talking about around the "Ac" in Action? I hadn't noticed them before, but you are right. Don't know whether it is old eyes or not, but I see so much more in the scans than when I look at the actual book.

Thanks for looking, and giving me some feedback on what contributed to your grade. It helps a lot.