• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Well, it would be interesting. But it could be dangerous for both films.

The first time a Batman - Superman - Wonder Woman live movie? Like Kevin Smith stated, the -script could be mediocre and this will still be a $500 MM movie. Outstanding -script with the joining of the Argo writer, and the revenue target goes much higher.

The first time a Batman - Superman - Wonder Woman live movie? Like Kevin Smith stated, the -script could be mediocre and this will still be a $500 MM movie. Outstanding -script with the joining of the Argo writer, and the revenue target goes much higher.

plus remember RDJ only sign for Avengers 2 & 3 and i think he said sometime ago that he doesn't want to do only superheroes movies when his in his 50's. for Marvel to bring out iron man 4 out it would mean a new contract has to be sign with RDJ and more money to be giving him when that money can be invested else were.

How Warner Is Rebranding 'Batman Vs. Superman'

Very interesting article on leadership changes tied to the film, the pressure going on behind the scenes to move this forward, and how this will change the overall franchise approach.

Terrio’s and Affleck’s working relationship from Argo no doubt played a big role in the selection of the writer to step in and take over scripting the film. And Affleck’s own work as a filmmaker means he’s bringing a lot of creative input to the proceedings — but this is still Snyder’s film, as the press release pointedly says. So we have the names Snyder, Terrio, and Affleck now front and center in the public presentation of this project, after the prior film’s focus on Nolan, Goyer, and Snyder.

nice find it was a good read and some good points he had.

hm

Lyle Talbot (Atom Man vs. Superman)

LUTHOR_talbot_051611.jpg

Gene Hackman (Superman, Superman II, Superman IV)

LUTHOR_hackman_051611.jpg

Scott James Wells, Sherman Howard (Superboy, Adventures of Superboy)

LUTHOR_wells_sherman_051611.jpg

John Shea (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman)

LUTHOR_shea_051611.jpg

Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville)

LUTHOR_rosenbaum_051611.jpg

Kevin Spacey (Superman Returns)

LUTHOR_spacey_051611.jpg

plus remember RDJ only sign for Avengers 2 & 3 and i think he said sometime ago that he doesn't want to do only superheroes movies when his in his 50's. for Marvel to bring out iron man 4 out it would mean a new contract has to be sign with RDJ and more money to be giving him when that money can be invested else were.
It also means more clout for RDJ to get his little "pet projects" greenlit, if he signs on the dotted line for more Tony Stark. Remember, he doesn't have to act in the smaller films. He might choose to produce instead. IM3 grossed over a $billion worldwide, so he's in driver's seat for now. If he wanted to develop a "Felicity" movie starring the late Leslie Nielson as Felicity through CGI, it would probably be frontloaded for July 4th weekend. lol

It is a shame that Kevin Spacey was used in that terrible Singer Sequel.

He would be perfect for Superman/Batman as Lex.

However I am not going to write off Jesse Eisenberg since Ledger taught me my lesson on that.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

another from Latino Review

What up with Superman

Is Ben Affleck DC’s “Man”?

With Nolan and Goyer’s influence being downplayed, and with Snyder’s Man of Steel not catching the kind of fire WB/DC was expecting, some folks think WB has turned to Ben Affleck to help right the ship. After all, they offered him the reigns to Justice League some time ago, and then came back to him when it was time to cast Batman. Then he brought on his Argo writer, Chris Terrio, and now Terrio is being credited as the writer of Batman vs Superman in the WB’s latest press release. Even the consensus amongst common fans is that Affleck was brought on as an actor-director to help make sure Snyder’s choices don’t come off the rails.

This comes up so much for the past year, there has to be something to the story. Even over a year ago there was talk of JLA/JLI being offered to Affleck, and he turned it down.

hm

i do think that WB/DC moving the focuses more on other people instead of nolan can only help them.
I'm not sure I agree with this. hm

I have concerns with that thought process which has been mentioned in the past few articles. You have a creative team that knocked the ball out of the park, and established a $2.5 billion franchise.

5quTIkM.png

And you appease Snyder by ignoring the successful creative team? That would be slightly Hollywood-nutty. Which means it is probably true.