• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

who can she be playing? would be the better question.

She could play anybody who's not too young. Zatanna, Madame Xanadu, Gypsy, Shayera Hol...

Personally I have her pegged for Mercy Graves, Luthor's bodyguard/concubine/assassin.

hm

Good choices.

"MERCY!! Let's go..."

mecry.png

lol (thumbs u

who can she be playing? would be the better question.

She could play anybody who's not too young. Zatanna, Madame Xanadu, Gypsy, Shayera Hol...

Personally I have her pegged for Marcy Graves, Luthor's bodyguard/concubine/assassin.

hm

Good choices.

i agree i can see that

some are saying Cheetah

hm

So they could start the process of building out the different franchises - as is rumored - by introducing the characters that then spin off into these various films.

That would be an interesting approach.

Rumor: Commissioner Gordon to appear in ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’

We already know that Ben Affleck’s Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is going to be an older, semi-retired crime fighter, so it makes sense that a lot of the Batman universe will already be established in director Zack Snyder’s new world. Obviously not all of them will be in the new movie, but if this rumor is true we’ll get to see Commissioner Gordon at the very least.

We already know that Ben Affleck’s Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is going to be an older, semi-retired crime fighter....

Of everything that's what I have the most trouble with. It automatically makes Batman v Superman an Elseworlds tale since they've been contemporaries for the last 70+ years. Hell, forever actually, since inception.

And it makes the whole Dawn of Justice [League] angle really confusing. Batman's close to turning the lights out before the Justice League even gets started? Makes no sense timeline wise. Yet, anyway.

We already know that Ben Affleck’s Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is going to be an older, semi-retired crime fighter, so it makes sense that a lot of the Batman universe will already be established in director Zack Snyder’s new world. Obviously not all of them will be in the new movie, but if this rumor is true we’ll get to see Commissioner Gordon at the very least.

Bryan Cranston for Jim Gordon :wishluck:

Bryan Cranston for Jim Gordon :wishluck:

:applause:

That's what a number of people posted in the comments section of that article. Cranston is on fire when it comes to fan demand to have him appear.

We already know that Ben Affleck’s Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is going to be an older, semi-retired crime fighter....

Of everything that's what I have the most trouble with. It automatically makes Batman v Superman an Elseworlds tale since they've been contemporaries for the last 70+ years. Hell, forever actually, since inception.

And it makes the whole Dawn of Justice [League] angle really confusing. Batman's close to turning the lights out before the Justice League even gets started? Makes no sense timeline wise. Yet, anyway.

Completely agree. An Elseworlds tale. It's like Snyder is only thinking two or three films in advance before another reboot is needed. Cavill works as he's only 31 years old but there should be a younger Batman introduced to build the Justice League. That way, we could have the same actors around for 5 or 6 films in the same continuity. Oh well, I'll still take it. Snyder knows how to make a popcorn flick. I loved Dawn of the Dead, 300 and MoS.

But a very good point nonetheless. This should be setting up different franchises when thinking of the Warner long-term strategy. Not one or two more films.

Completely agree. An Elseworlds tale. It's like Snyder is only thinking two or three films in advance before another reboot is needed. Cavill works as he's only 31 years old but there should be a younger Batman introduced to build the Justice League. That way, we could have the same actors around for 5 or 6 films in the same continuity. Oh well, I'll still take it. Snyder knows how to make a popcorn flick. I loved Dawn of the Dead, 300 and MoS.

But a very good point nonetheless. This should be setting up different franchises when thinking of the Warner long-term strategy. Not one or two more films.

UNLESS they've been planning a boot of Batman Beyond with Affleck as the old codger. Then it makes perfect sense.

Plus, how MUCH older is Batman supposed to be? 10 years older, 15 years older. Older is very relative, so is "more seasoned"...considering Superman's first official outing as a superhero of any seasoning is in the first MOS movie.

So let's say for the sake of argument that Cavil is 31...and Affleck is 41. That would by definition make Batman an "older, more experienced crime fighter" by about 10 years. There are married couples that have a wider range of ages than this pairing on screen. I don't see the age difference being that much of a big deal....I think folks have run with the rumors a bit too far and taken the published information too literally without leaving wiggle room for what's actually going to be portrayed.

I dunno, 40-ish seems about right for a "seasoned' crime fighter.

Let's say Wayne becomes Batman at 20......he's had 20 years on the beat....

Even at 30, he's had 10 years of the same. Enough to qualify him as experienced. This isn't "year one" Batman after all.

He's had enough time to get comfortable in his skillsets and abilities, so he's not green.....and at the same time he's not too old to be an effective combatant.

Just the right age to head up a group of superpowered individuals with a common goal....and be in that position for 15+ years or longer as a credible figure head.

I dunno, 40-ish seems about right for a "seasoned' crime fighter.

Let's say Wayne becomes Batman at 20......he's had 20 years on the beat....

Even at 30, he's had 10 years of the same. Enough to qualify him as experienced. This isn't "year one" Batman after all.

He's had enough time to get comfortable in his skillsets and abilities, so he's not green.....and at the same time he's not too old to be an effective combatant.

Just the right age to head up a group of superpowered individuals with a common goal....and be in that position for 15+ years or longer as a credible figure head.

Right. My suspicion is they want Batman cast in the "Captain America" roll. Seasoned veteran other heroes will turn to for "What do we do now?" leadership.

It's that "semi-retired" description that smells of someone who's close to throwing in the towel. So I hoping Batman isn't portrayed as some disillusioned burn-out.

BATMAN V SUPERMAN To Shoot Military Scenes Next Week

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, Zach Snyder's 2016 Justice League precursor, will begin filming military based scenes next week on June 11th. Warner Bros. held auditions for extras for the film back in April and are now calling back extras (for fittings) who auditioned for military roles.

The film is in need of more than 8500 extras for the day and the events taking place in the scene are currently unknown. Filming will take place throughout the day, even at night.

1504712-superman_dkr_01.jpg