• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

BvS filming Military Scenes Next Week

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, Zach Snyder's 2016 Justice League precursor, will begin filming military based scenes next week on June 11th. Warner Bros. held auditions for extras for the film back in April and are now calling back extras (for fittings) who auditioned for military roles.

The film is in need of more than 8500 extras for the day and the events taking place in the scene are currently unknown. Filming will take place throughout the day, even at night.

i think we going to see metallo in this movie

BATMAN V SUPERMAN To Shoot Military Scenes Next Week

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, Zach Snyder's 2016 Justice League precursor, will begin filming military based scenes next week on June 11th. Warner Bros. held auditions for extras for the film back in April and are now calling back extras (for fittings) who auditioned for military roles.

The film is in need of more than 8500 extras for the day and the events taking place in the scene are currently unknown. Filming will take place throughout the day, even at night.

1504712-superman_dkr_01.jpg

lol you bet me to the punch

BATMAN V SUPERMAN To Shoot Military Scenes Next Week

1504712-superman_dkr_01.jpg

lol you bet me to the punch

More importantly, what scenes will come out of this?

hm

Details on Lexcorp for BvS

A source close to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has informed me that production is heading to LexCorp next week. In Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel sequel, LexCorp is described as a young, edgy company. Think of it as a .com or Google type workplace. It’s a smart company with a stylish vibe, a youthful clash of rock and roll, preppy, and nerdy employees. Hipsters!

The LexCorp scene will be shot on June 12th and 13th and it will take place in the fall. Actors will be wearing layers with long sleeves, lightweight jackets, and blazers.

Details on Lexcorp for BvS

A source close to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has informed me that production is heading to LexCorp next week. In Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel sequel, LexCorp is described as a young, edgy company. Think of it as a .com or Google type workplace. It’s a smart company with a stylish vibe, a youthful clash of rock and roll, preppy, and nerdy employees. Hipsters!

The LexCorp scene will be shot on June 12th and 13th and it will take place in the fall. Actors will be wearing layers with long sleeves, lightweight jackets, and blazers.

I'm looking forward to any set photos.

A bunch of us said months ago Warner should be talking with animated leaders like Bruce Timm in rolling out the live action films.

EDITORIAL: Is Warner Bros. Following The Animated Plan?

The plan that Warner Bros. seems to be using was one used by their first shared universe. Bruce Timm's DC animated universe. Everyone seems to have forgotten how that universe was built. That shared universe truly started with Superman: The Animated Series, which had cameos from many heroes, such as everyone's favorite speedster, The Flash. Then came the four part episode, which quickly became a fan favorite animated film, The Batman/Superman Movie, and from there came the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. Warner Bros. seems to be building their shared universe the exact same way. First we got Man of Steel, now we're getting Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and if rumors are correct about Justice League shooting back-to-back with Batman v Superman, then it's the utmost obvious this was their plan.

Sure you can say Wonder Woman and Cybrog weren't in the animated film, but this helps introduce these two characters faster. Wonder Woman is said to not be a major role in the film and Cyborg is nothing more than a cameo, most likely it'll just be Victor Stone at the football game which was shot earlier this year. Now Justice League only has to really introduce about one character, or none if they opt to use just the big five since they are are extremely well known characters. These characters don't really need origin stories. Superman and Batman's origins are as known as the palm of your hand, Wonder Woman's could be explained in one scene, they can make 2011's Green Lantern semi-canon by keep somethings and pretending other didn't happen, and The Flash is getting a TV show, which you can make semi-canon the same way 2011's Green Lantern could be made. Afterall, the only heroes Bruce Timm had actually made an origin series for was Batman and Superman, and even then Batman: The Animated Series originally didn't feel like it was part of a bigger plan until Superman: The Animated Series came along and it was all still extremely successful.

Now let's hope this is the case, and the upcoming next few years demonstrates a change in Warner/DC live action films.

EDITORIAL: Thoughts So Far On BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

Some good points on the upcoming movie and casting choices.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Many like the name, many hate the name, and some love the name. I personally like it. Sure, it's a bit cheesy, but World's Finest [is] twice as cheesy. This name works marketing wise. It's to the point. No nicknames, it tells you "Batman and Superman are in the same movie". That alone will bring many people to the cinema. Another problem, one I originally had but not anymore, is the "v" in Batman v Superman and Batman's name being first due to this being a Man of Steel sequel. Well there's an answer to that. The name is inspired from a court dispute or a championship fight. In a championship fight it's the challenger vs the champion, not the other way around. Batman seems to be the the person challenging Superman from everything we've heard about the film. In a legal dispute it's the same. It's the plantiff, person with the problem, against the defendant. Plantiff v Defendent. Oh and one more thing. While the "v" can mean versus, it also means "and". So technically the film is also called Batman AND Superman: Dawn of Justice, not just Batman versus Superman.

The movie title is growing on me. But I still think 'World's Finest' has a lot of history behind it between Batman and Superman, along with being Justice League-lite.

When the delay was announced many fans were disappointed. We now had to wait 6 more months to see Superman and Batman on the big screen together. It's one of those things we could only dream of. Now Batman v Superman is releasing on May 6, 2016 it will come face to face with Captain America 3, and I'm sorry but there is no way Marvel is dumb enough to stay on that date. Sure people can say that Marvel can afford the hit, but that's just bad business either way. The point of business is to earn profit on everything and with Captain America 3 on the same day, the company that will truly suffer is Marvel, not Warner Bros. Batman v Superman is an event film. It is more anticipated on every level and will most likely bury the opening weekend competition, maybe even for several weeks if the film is knocks it out of the park.

There will definitely be a unique feeling about BvS since this will be the first time all three have been in a live action film versus the repeat animated shows and movies. That is probably going to bring a certain level of attention for a short while.

Why Superman Fans Can Stop Worrying About 'Batman V Superman' Movie

Warner knows that teaming up Superman with Batman in the next film and then having him star in Justice League means the Superman franchise is about to get a huge boost. If Thor can get a big enough boost after The Avengers to nearly match Superman’s box office, and Captain America — a guy dressed up as an American flag and supposedly representing old fashioned ideals and moral sentiments — can end up surpassing Superman and almost everyone else at the box office in the aftermath of Marvel’s shared-world post-Avengers marketing machine, how much do you think Warner assumes Superman will make after a Justice League boost? Don’t bother getting your calculator out, I’ll just tell you the answer is “a lot.”

A bunch of us said months ago Warner should be talking with animated leaders like Bruce Timm in rolling out the live action films.

EDITORIAL: Is Warner Bros. Following The Animated Plan?

The plan that Warner Bros. seems to be using was one used by their first shared universe. Bruce Timm's DC animated universe. Everyone seems to have forgotten how that universe was built. That shared universe truly started with Superman: The Animated Series, which had cameos from many heroes, such as everyone's favorite speedster, The Flash. Then came the four part episode, which quickly became a fan favorite animated film, The Batman/Superman Movie, and from there came the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. Warner Bros. seems to be building their shared universe the exact same way. First we got Man of Steel, now we're getting Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and if rumors are correct about Justice League shooting back-to-back with Batman v Superman, then it's the utmost obvious this was their plan.

Sure you can say Wonder Woman and Cybrog weren't in the animated film, but this helps introduce these two characters faster. Wonder Woman is said to not be a major role in the film and Cyborg is nothing more than a cameo, most likely it'll just be Victor Stone at the football game which was shot earlier this year. Now Justice League only has to really introduce about one character, or none if they opt to use just the big five since they are are extremely well known characters. These characters don't really need origin stories. Superman and Batman's origins are as known as the palm of your hand, Wonder Woman's could be explained in one scene, they can make 2011's Green Lantern semi-canon by keep somethings and pretending other didn't happen, and The Flash is getting a TV show, which you can make semi-canon the same way 2011's Green Lantern could be made. Afterall, the only heroes Bruce Timm had actually made an origin series for was Batman and Superman, and even then Batman: The Animated Series originally didn't feel like it was part of a bigger plan until Superman: The Animated Series came along and it was all still extremely successful.

Now let's hope this is the case, and the upcoming next few years demonstrates a change in Warner/DC live action films.

hm

EDITORIAL: Thoughts So Far On BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

Some good points on the upcoming movie and casting choices.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Many like the name, many hate the name, and some love the name. I personally like it. Sure, it's a bit cheesy, but World's Finest [is] twice as cheesy. This name works marketing wise. It's to the point. No nicknames, it tells you "Batman and Superman are in the same movie". That alone will bring many people to the cinema. Another problem, one I originally had but not anymore, is the "v" in Batman v Superman and Batman's name being first due to this being a Man of Steel sequel. Well there's an answer to that. The name is inspired from a court dispute or a championship fight. In a championship fight it's the challenger vs the champion, not the other way around. Batman seems to be the the person challenging Superman from everything we've heard about the film. In a legal dispute it's the same. It's the plantiff, person with the problem, against the defendant. Plantiff v Defendent. Oh and one more thing. While the "v" can mean versus, it also means "and". So technically the film is also called Batman AND Superman: Dawn of Justice, not just Batman versus Superman.

The movie title is growing on me. But I still think 'World's Finest' has a lot of history behind it between Batman and Superman, along with being Justice League-lite.

When the delay was announced many fans were disappointed. We now had to wait 6 more months to see Superman and Batman on the big screen together. It's one of those things we could only dream of. Now Batman v Superman is releasing on May 6, 2016 it will come face to face with Captain America 3, and I'm sorry but there is no way Marvel is dumb enough to stay on that date. Sure people can say that Marvel can afford the hit, but that's just bad business either way. The point of business is to earn profit on everything and with Captain America 3 on the same day, the company that will truly suffer is Marvel, not Warner Bros. Batman v Superman is an event film. It is more anticipated on every level and will most likely bury the opening weekend competition, maybe even for several weeks if the film is knocks it out of the park.

There will definitely be a unique feeling about BvS since this will be the first time all three have been in a live action film versus the repeat animated shows and movies. That is probably going to bring a certain level of attention for a short while.

hm

i do like he points out that BvS can be B&S also since the "v" means two different things

if we get something at this year SDCC i'll be like

ROv97ys.gif

lol

Dwayne Johnson. I just want to know what deal he cut with the Warner Bros. CEO when they talkd about a comic book character as strong as Superman that has never been done before.

Lobo or Black Adam. It has to be. Doomsday would be a one-time character, potentially. And that would be a shame to just lock down Johnson for one movie.

if we get something at this year SDCC i'll be like

ROv97ys.gif

lol

Dwayne Johnson. I just want to know what deal he cut with the Warner Bros. CEO when they talkd about a comic book character as strong as Superman that has never been done before.

Lobo or Black Adam. It has to be. Doomsday would be a one-time character, potentially. And that would be a shame to just lock down Johnson for one movie.

that's the bigger question going on. i think we going to find out at SDCC this year.