• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I know you warned of a big spoiler but I read it anyways. WTF!!! Should they really be posting THAT much information on a movie that hasn't yet been released to the public?!?!?! This is like telling everbody Andy Dufresne escapes Shawshank!!!

Other sites like Superhero News have made the statement they will not post any videos or articles with spoilers until Friday night. By that time, the news will start to travel from early movie attendees.

:ohnoez:

I'll still go see it but I'm not going to be shocked if it's not good. I'd be shocked if Cap3 was a dud but for some reason I just do not have the same expectation going into a DC movie.

I think it's hilarious that you guys are putting so much weight on what the critics have to say and also correlating rotten tomatoes to box office performance.

The last 2 Transformers movies received 35% and 17% on rotten tomatoes, yet they both made over $1B in WW box office. It really doesn't matter what the critics have to say.

I think it's hilarious that you guys are putting so much weight on what the critics have to say and also correlating rotten tomatoes to box office performance.

The last 2 Transformers movies received 35% and 17% on rotten tomatoes, yet they both made over $1B in WW box office. It really doesn't matter what the critics have to say.

But they were both bad movies. Transformers fans are in agreement that they have dropped the ball with that franchise cinematicly. I think alot of people have the same worries with the DC universe. The bad reviews are pointing in that direction...

hm

Are you saying those were two Transformers movies were "critic-proof" to international audiences?

Because they were pretty bad (and I liked the original).

below 40%; gawd, it's going to finish closer to green lantern's 26% than to mos's already "rotten" 56%. this makes me sad, but also makes me realize that what marvel does time after time again is apparently not so easy. they can make ant man certified fresh, and dc can't make a good flick with their two tentpoles both present. damn.

OK this is the funniest pull quote I saw on RT. Not judging the movie just funny.

The story, like the testicles of a weightlifter on steroids, dwindles away to nothing. ----- Lawrence Toppman , Charlotte Observer

:gossip:

btw I liked Lone Ranger with Depp.

For me not to like a super hero movie it must really suck.

Calling Fantastic Four reboot! :preach:

I'd like to see a director's cut of FF. There's no way the same guy behind Kick- and Kingsmen would make a castle like FF.

Mark Millar?

I thought Matthew Vaughn was the first director to take a stab at it. He is listed as the producer, so I could be wrong. Didn't they just throw a studio director at it due to a falling out? A Mark Millar -script would have been way better though.

OK this is the funniest pull quote I saw on RT. Not judging the movie just funny.

The story, like the testicles of a weightlifter on steroids, dwindles away to nothing. ----- Lawrence Toppman , Charlotte Observer

lol

You know that critic read that somewhere, and saving up for a Snyder rainy day to post this.

lol

You know that critic read that somewhere, and saving up for a Snyder rainy day to post this.

this one is pretty choice as well:

"Not as bad as Bush v. Gore, but close."

J. R. Jones

Chicago Reader

I'd like to see a director's cut of FF. There's no way the same guy behind Kick- and Kingsmen would make a castle like FF.

Mark Millar?

I thought Matthew Vaughn was the first director to take a stab at it. He is listed as the producer, so I could be wrong. Didn't they just throw a studio director at it due to a falling out? A Mark Millar -script would have been way better though.

Millar's correct.

It's fairly common knowledge that the -script for the latest FF film was based on Ultimate FF, which was written/created by Mark Millar (as was Kick-, Kingsmen, Wanted, Civil War, and Old Man Logan). He also wrote The Ultimates, thus giving us a black / Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury.

Fairly remarkable that Mark Millar has now managed to have more major comic book film adaptations that Frank Miller or Neil Gaiman.

Mark Millar?

Millar's correct.

It's fairly common knowledge that the -script for the latest FF film was based on Ultimate FF, which was written/created by Mark Millar (as was Kick-, Kingsmen, Wanted, Civil War, and Old Man Logan). He also wrote The Ultimates, thus giving us a black / Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury.

Fairly remarkable that Mark Millar has now managed to have more major comic book film adaptations that Frank Miller or Neil Gaiman.

Good point, I think Millar deserves mad credit for his contributions. I have much higher expectations for Civil War because of his involvement in it.

99 reviews in, down at 37%. :sick:

I still contend it will not greatly affect opening weekend. The movie should she 300 to 350 mil worldwide. Then it is going to fall off a cliff unless word of mouth is good despite the critics.

OK, here's some RT perspective on the franchise over the years...

Superman: The Movie 93% (53 reviews)

Superman II 89%

Superman II: The Donner Cut 90%

Superman III 26%

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace 12%

Superman Returns 76% (worship)

Man of Steel 56%

and now Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 37% (so far).

I thought I would make up this list before anyone makes any rash judgements (please notice the % for Superman Returns). lol

Millar has a talent for getting his works optioned but I think we are severely underappreciating the people who wrote the screenplays for those films, which Millar didn't do any of, nor direct any of.

A lot of great source material from multiple mediums have been turned to mess because the people writing the screenplay didn't adapt and change it well to view on the screen.

He's a very capable big idea guy, that's why he consults to keep him in house, he's not a filmmaker.

Superman II 89%

Superman III 26%

Man of Steel 56%

I thought I would make up this list before anyone makes any rash judgements (please notice the % for Superman Returns). lol

I may be dating myself here, but I like Superman III more than Man of Steel. I hope Superman IV gets testicular cancer.

That bullet to the eye scene in Superman Returns? Epic. (worship)

Superman II 89%

Superman III 26%

Man of Steel 56%

yeah but what's going to matter is the audience over the critics.