• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Affleck is giving Gadot the "Aha, I caught you....what the F-are you doing here? (It's Batman v Superman....not Batman v Superman v Wonder Woman :lol:)" look whilst trying to be subtle.

ben-affleck-bruce-wayne-142342.jpg

I thought it was more of the "Did you know I met my last wife on the set of a superhero movie?" look........ :devil:

Come to think of it....it may be more a "That's not my finger" shot. :)

I don't gadet it.... hm

Op! No. Wait. It took a minute, but I Gadot it!

-Terry

More Gadot.

I agree. Gain some weight and put on some muscle. You're supposed to be Wonder Woman, dammit.

She looks fine to me. (thumbs u

I definitely do not want my Wonder Woman to resemble Brienne of Tarth physically.........

More Gadot.

I agree. Gain some weight and put on some muscle. You're supposed to be Wonder Woman, dammit.

I definitely do not want my Wonder Woman to resemble Brienne of Tarth physically.........

She's super-powered. Why the fanboys insist on making her a Charles Atlas in a faux Roman skirt is weird.

'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' Cast Talk Superhero Showdown

So apparently in ‘Dawn of Justice,’ Batman and Wonder Woman know each other’s secret identities. How that came to be the fact is unknown at this time, but you can imagine that we’ll find out once the film is released. Now Ben also went on to comment about the role of Bruce Wayne and Batman respectively, and how this character has a rather interesting and “cynical” personality.

“He’s on the verge of being swallowed up by the anger and the rage that we see haunt this character in the other manifestations of it… But this guy is further down the line and has become more embittered and cynical.”

Zack Snyder, the film’s director, also got to get in on the fun and spoke to EW about the fact that when he was developing ‘Man of Steel’ he originally wanted to add a scene at the end of the film foreshadowing the inevitable Batman and Superman feud.

“I said, ‘What about at the end of the movie we do a scene where there’s a crate full of kryptonite delivered to Wayne Manor?’ Everyone was like…‘Okay.’ Once you say it out loud it’s a problem because you can’t unsay it.”

More Gadot.

She's super-powered. Why the fanboys insist on making her a Charles Atlas in a faux Roman skirt is weird.

Who the hell said that?

wonder_woman_by_razr310-d310ou9.jpg

She's not supposed to be some twig.

No one wants a muscle bound-actress playing Wonder Woman but I always preferred someone with a little more meat on their bones to play the Amazonian like Jennifer Connelly in her prime or Monica Bellucci.

If Gadot (bottom photo) has "beefed up" a little for the role that is great but those arms...

Monica Bellucci would have been really cool.

KSjxXQr.png

Or Gemma Arterton from 'Prince of Persia'.

S1fIuzml.jpg

No one wants a muscle bound-actress playing Wonder Woman but I always preferred someone with a little more meat on their bones to play the Amazonian like Jennifer Connelly in her prime or Monica Bellucci.

If Gadot (bottom photo) has "beefed up" a little for the role that is great but those arms...

Monica Bellucci would have been really cool.

KSjxXQr.png

Or Gemma Arterton from 'Prince of Persia'.

S1fIuzml.jpg

I'm fine with Gadot.

It's all about having powers too, not only muscle.

I would have been OK with Bellucci ten years ago and I love Arterton, but I feel her resume lacks the kick butt roles (Don't say Persia lol , I'm thinking more like Alice Creed) to immediately buy her as a Sarah Connor-type warrior, like Melissa George "A Lonely Place To Die" or any Eliza Dushku role.

She's not supposed to be some twig.

Alex Ross has yet to paint a woman who wasn't modeled after a female bodybuilder. He's entitled to his preferences.

So apparently in ‘Dawn of Justice,’ Batman and Wonder Woman know each other’s secret identities. How that came to be the fact is unknown at this time, but you can imagine that we’ll find out once the film is released.

Sounds right to me that Bats knows who she is and has been messing around with her for a while now. lol

Zack Snyder, the film’s director, also got to get in on the fun and spoke to EW about the fact that when he was developing ‘Man of Steel’ he originally wanted to add a scene at the end of the film foreshadowing the inevitable Batman and Superman feud.

“I said, ‘What about at the end of the movie we do a scene where there’s a crate full of kryptonite delivered to Wayne Manor?’ Everyone was like…‘Okay.’ Once you say it out loud it’s a problem because you can’t unsay it.”

That would have been awesome. (thumbs u

Ben Affleck Talks BATMAN v SUPERMAN; Confirms Interest In Helming A Superhero Movie

However, it turns out that Affleck may have accepted the job for an even more surprising reason. While he's found great success with the likes of The Town and Argo, the filmmaker is now keen on helming a big budget superhero movie. "I thought if I was going to direct a movie like this, which I would like to do at some point, I need to have something of a refresher course of how these movies are done," the man who is rumoured to helm The Batman in a few years time teased.

Zack Snyder Says WONDER WOMAN Is The "Gateway Drug" To JUSTICE LEAGUE

As Entertainment Weekly rightly points out, there hasn't been a single superhero movie released featuring a female lead since Iron Man and The Dark Knight rejuvinated the superhero movie genre in 2008. That's all set to change with Wonder Woman in 2017 of course, but we'll meet her for the first time in next year's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. However, brace yourselves for more than just a cameo appearance from the character. "She plays a super-important part," says director Zack Snyder. "In a lot of ways, she’s the gateway drug to 
the rest of the 
Justice League."

Zack Snyder Says WONDER WOMAN Is The "Gateway Drug" To JUSTICE LEAGUE

As Entertainment Weekly rightly points out, there hasn't been a single superhero movie released featuring a female lead since Iron Man and The Dark Knight rejuvinated the superhero movie genre in 2008. That's all set to change with Wonder Woman in 2017 of course, but we'll meet her for the first time in next year's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. However, brace yourselves for more than just a cameo appearance from the character. "She plays a super-important part," says director Zack Snyder. "In a lot of ways, she’s the gateway drug to 
the rest of the 
Justice League."

Untrue.

Katie Cassidy (from Arrow) starred in The Scribbler. (thumbs u

...and slightly technical, Kate Beckinsale starred in the "graphic novel" movie Whiteout and Kiele Sanchez (who?) was the lead in 30 Days of Night: Dark Days.

Kiele Sanchez, a trailblazer for the women's movement in funnybook movies. (worship)

Zack Snyder Talks 'Man of Steel' Destruction/Ending and Takes A Shot At Marvel's Direction

Many people loved the film, while others hated it. Their reason being the abundance of death and destruction that occurred in the film. Zack says how that aspect of the film never surprised him.

“I was surprised because that’s the thesis of Superman for me, that you can’t just have superheroes knock around and have there be no consequences.”

Even Ben Affleck, who will play Batman in Zack’s next film ‘Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice,’ agrees with the director of his next feature film.

“One of the things I liked was Zack’s idea of showing accountability and the consequences of violence and seeing that there are real people in those buildings. And in fact, one of those buildings was Bruce Wayne’s building so he knew people who died in that Black Zero event.”

Zack Snyder:

“There are other superhero movies where they joke about how basically no one’s getting hurt. That’s not us. What is that message? That’s it’s okay that there’s this massive destruction with zero consequence for anyone? That’s what Watchmen was about in a lot of ways too. There was a scene, that scene where Dan and Laurie get mugged. They beat up the criminals. I was like the first guy, I want to show his arm get broken. I want a compound fracture. I don’t want it to be clean. I want you to go, ‘Oh my God, I guess you’re right. If you just beat up a guy in an alley he’s not going to just be lying on the ground. It’s going to be messy.”

Zack Snyder Talks 'Man of Steel' Destruction/Ending and Takes A Shot At Marvel's Direction

Many people loved the film, while others hated it. Their reason being the abundance of death and destruction that occurred in the film. Zack says how that aspect of the film never surprised him.

“I was surprised because that’s the thesis of Superman for me, that you can’t just have superheroes knock around and have there be no consequences.”

Even Ben Affleck, who will play Batman in Zack’s next film ‘Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice,’ agrees with the director of his next feature film.

“One of the things I liked was Zack’s idea of showing accountability and the consequences of violence and seeing that there are real people in those buildings. And in fact, one of those buildings was Bruce Wayne’s building so he knew people who died in that Black Zero event.”

Zack Snyder:

“There are other superhero movies where they joke about how basically no one’s getting hurt. That’s not us. What is that message? That’s it’s okay that there’s this massive destruction with zero consequence for anyone? That’s what Watchmen was about in a lot of ways too. There was a scene, that scene where Dan and Laurie get mugged. They beat up the criminals. I was like the first guy, I want to show his arm get broken. I want a compound fracture. I don’t want it to be clean. I want you to go, ‘Oh my God, I guess you’re right. If you just beat up a guy in an alley he’s not going to just be lying on the ground. It’s going to be messy.”

What insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

Take a scene out of The Dark Knight. One ferry full "innocents" and the other full of scumbags. One has to blow the other one up to live. During the choice, we get to know them. So, when they decide to not to go through with the Joker's plan making the Joker go for the detonator. It's a punch to our stomach as we begin to care for both parties. It's more intimate.

...or even the subway car in Spider-Man 2.

Some rubble and buildings fall on some CG extras in The Avengers or Man of Steel, it isn't quite the same thing, during some loud CG'd 2nd unit fist fight. We aren't emotionally attached to any performance to anybody who dies or almost does other than the waitress in The Avengers who only reacts to the destruction. Sorry, lady we never got to meet you. Man of Steel, same thing.