• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

to me it doesn't matter if his bald or have long hair as long has his the lex that when know from the books.

Affleck could handle that.

Tao Okmaoto to play Mercy in BvS

Our source also indicates the reports of Holly Hunter playing a U.S. Senator are accurate. Furthermore, our source added that Hunter’s character is visiting LexCorp with a congressman (played by an as of yet unidentified actor). In one scene, Lex has an interaction with the congressman, where Lex seems “to embarrass or be very disrespectful to the congressmen on his way out.” In a piece of new information that we haven’t seen reported elsewhere yet, our source indicated that Japanese actress Tao Okamoto is playing Lex Luthor’s assistant, who is named “Mercy.” In the comic books and Superman animated series, Mercy Graves is Lex’s personal assistant and body guard, where she is portrayed as highly intelligent and experienced in hand-to-hand combat. Tao Okamoto previously appeared as Mariko Yashida in 2013′s The Wolverine. Our source also offered that they felt that Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice’s interpretation of Lex Luthor is much better than it might sound from initial descriptions, describing him as “a slimy businessman we can all despise.”

can't wait to see how this lex looks in the film

Our source indicated, “You are going to hate this guy. You are going to root for him to be punched by Supes when he weasels his way out of legal trouble. He is cocky and confident because he is THAT good at what he does. He's a billionaire who knows he is more powerful than the Senator and Congressman visiting because he's a billionaire.” Our source also indicated that Lex’s security force at LexCorp ranged from mall cop to SWAT force type security. In regards to LexCorp, our source indicated, “This is a high tech mega billion company with a shiny veneer. It's Apple/Google, colorful and consumer friendly public image but serious potential for Lex's deviousness.”

to me it doesn't matter if his bald or have long hair as long has his the lex that we know from the books.

Who doesn't think that he will start out with long blond hair,but eventually he will end up bald?

Yeah, I hoping they use this version of Lex.

JL_Luthor.jpg

I'm not really bashing his some of his roles, but this whole thing seems like a step backwards for him.

Secure yourself in a billion dollar franchise series as a character five other actors (including Will Arnett lol ) have played for a little over twenty years.

He was doing so well with the modest budgeted intimately character driven movies as a director/producer too. A lot of you will say, "So what? It will open doors for them to get greenlit now", but sadly Hollywood envy will set in and he can kiss any awards goodbye now. I doubt any vehicles he helms will get a nomination now. Hollywood politics. Chris Evans realized this and started to get cold feet earlier this year.

My main point, Batman is my favorite, Affleck will probably be great, but I was hoping for a different direction for Affleck's career after Argo exploded with acclaim. I guess it's just the fact he took the "paycheck" (he did get mentioned before about helming a Justice League movie), when he was finally learning the "art" of cinema. My 2c

I'm not really bashing his some of his roles, but this whole thing seems like a step backwards for him.

Secure yourself in a billion dollar franchise series as a character five other actors (including Will Arnett lol ) have played for a little over twenty years.

He was doing so well with the modest budgeted intimately character driven movies as a director/producer too. A lot of you will say, "So what? It will open doors for them to get greenlit now", but sadly Hollywood envy will set in and he can kiss any awards goodbye now. I doubt any vehicles he helms will get a nomination now. Hollywood politics. Chris Evans realized this and started to get cold feet earlier this year.

My main point, Batman is my favorite, Affleck will probably be great, but I was hoping for a different direction for Affleck's career after Argo exploded with acclaim. I guess it's just the fact he took the "paycheck" (he did get mentioned before about helming a Justice League movie), when he was finally learning the "art" of cinema. My 2c

I would consider this a step forward for Ben Affleck,and not backward.

The Batman paycheck will set him and his children and grandchildren financially up forever. You can`t really be disappointed in his decision. This goes to show it`s about money. He could go make three more Oscar winners like Argo, and none of those will set him up financially up for life like one Batman paycheck will. Jack Nicholson earned 60 million to play the Joker.

JACK NICHOLSON got 60 million to play Joker.

So Ben Affleck made a wise decision.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Wow! $60M for Jack as the Joker?!?! Affleck's Joker would have to top that.

Ben Affleck all said and done will probably make over 100 million from the Batman/Justice League franchise.

With all that money he will be able to make Argo type pictures after he is done playing Joker, err, I mean Batman. :)

I didn't think you were bashing on him at all. If anything, there is still a need for these casting choices to deliver in the end. They have definitely not been no-brainers where when you hear the actors chosen, you're shaking your head in agreement as they were names you were considering already.

Gadot - not even someone I would have recommended. Affleck - I would think you were joking if you said this in a conversation. Eisenberg as Luthor - the "Social Network" fella - no way. None of the three would be on my list of candidates, though I do like them in other movie genres. And when that news about Affleck hit about two years ago that he was being asked by Warner to direct a Justice League movie, there may have been some truth to that as well.

It is going to be interesting to see the end product when this Snyder-Goyer train pulls into the station.

I would consider this a step forward for Ben Affleck,and not backward.

The Batman paycheck will set him and his children and grandchildren financially up forever. You can`t really be disappointed in his decision. This goes to show it`s about money. He could go make three more Oscar winners like Argo, and none of those will set him up financially up for life like one Batman paycheck will. Jack Nicholson earned 60 million to play the Joker.

JACK NICHOLSON got 60 million to play Joker.

So Ben Affleck made a wise decision.

Yeah, when I mentioned that in the thread about most influential comic book movie about Batman, people were really surprised. Even Nicholson in some of the 'making of...' videos is blown away when he talks about how blessed he feels in having been won over to star in that role. I'm sure he feels ble$$ed.

Amazing that at today's value, that would have been $116 MM. It is still one of the highest payouts for an actor in a comic book-based movie.

Why 'Batman V Superman' Could Move To April 2016

So should Warner Bros. extricate themselves out of the current game of release date chicken by doing what Walt Disney did this year and starting summer on its own darn schedule? Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has more to lose than Captain America 3, especially if that Comic Con release date slate that Nikki Finke dropped turns out to be true. Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice a month before Captain America 3 can avoid any immediate negative perceptions right out of the gate because it has only itself to compare to. It won’t be expected to break any records beyond “biggest April debut” so it can spin as a win anything over $100 million into a month of relatively competition-free play. The Batman/Superman team-up film can fly or fall on its own terms.

If Captain America 3 launches noticeably higher, well the Justice League prelude will have already made most of its money in the first four weeks anyway and Warner can spin the April start date as a would-be alibi. That will be an issue, but a different one than a head-to-head “loss” would bring about. And if an April-performing Batman V Superman plays substantially better than an early-May Captain America 3 and completely wins the war of media narrative, that’s just icing on the cake and establishes a permanent extra month for the summer season. It also gives The Amazing Spider-Man 3 somewhere to run in 2017, but that’s another story.