• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

One of the descriptions I read about the new batman is that "he'll do anything to get the job done and isn't the similar to the by-the-book superman", I don't know what that will means because this new Superman isn't afraid to break the rules (or neck) in order for the greater good. (shrug)

I wouldn't assume by Clark breaking Zod's neck (I'm guessing at this point we don't have to insert that in a spoiler now) he was comfortable with what happened, and would easily do it again. If anything, I would assume the opposite as when he screamed afterwards, it had the feeling of an action that ripped his soul out having to take such a drastic action.

So Batman coming along and displaying an approach that he truly will do whatever it takes repeatedly to put a criminal away may be an even larger friction point for Clark as now he will be overly sensitive to an "ends justify the means" mentality.

One of the descriptions I read about the new batman is that "he'll do anything to get the job done and isn't the similar to the by-the-book superman", I don't know what that will means because this new Superman isn't afraid to break the rules (or neck) in order for the greater good. (shrug)

I wouldn't assume by Clark breaking Zod's neck (I'm guessing at this point we don't have to insert that in a spoiler now) he was comfortable with what happened, and would easily do it again. If anything, I would assume the opposite as when he screamed afterwards, it had the feeling of an action that ripped his soul out having to take such a drastic action.

So Batman coming along and displaying an approach that he truly will do whatever it takes repeatedly to put a criminal away may be an even larger friction point for Clark as now he will be overly sensitive to an "ends justify the means" mentality.

That was very well put and I hope it is the case, having grown up on Superman it was a very shattering experience to watch that happen. I know that in order for this Superman to standout and be successful as a film franchise he can't be the C. Reeves boy scout Supes but I hope that event in his history isn't overlooked and rather helps mold some defining characteristics as you said.

Edited by Kal-El

Kevin Smith Comments On Jason Momoa As Aquaman In Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice

"Well, I think most people of course when they think of f****** Aquaman, they think of the traditional cartoon version, but the current version or incarnation is he’s a badass king of the seven seas, a warlord to some degree. So I could see where they would get away with casting this dude."

After looking at a picture of Aquaman and Jason Momoa side by side, Smith added, “Yeah, I’d buy it. Will they blonde his hair, you think? It’s awesome. Think about it dude, they use to make fun of Aquaman all the time. Aquaman, he only talks to f****** fishes. F****** say that to that dude’s face.”

Well, there ya :censored: go!

:sumo:

That was very well put and I hope it is the case, having grown up on Superman it was a very shattering experience to watch that happen. I know that in order for this Superman to standout and be successful as a film franchise he can't be the C. Reeves boy scout Supes but I hope that event in his history isn't overlooked and rather helps mold some defining characteristics as you said.

One of the better Superman arcs was the aftermath of Superman killing three Krytptonian criminals. It was his worse-case scenario, so he removed himself from Earth and headed into deep space.

Handled right, written well, it can make Superman even more relateable.

284px-SupermanExile.jpg

Kevin Smith Comments On Jason Momoa As Aquaman In Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice

"Well, I think most people of course when they think of f****** Aquaman, they think of the traditional cartoon version, but the current version or incarnation is he’s a badass king of the seven seas, a warlord to some degree. So I could see where they would get away with casting this dude."

After looking at a picture of Aquaman and Jason Momoa side by side, Smith added, “Yeah, I’d buy it. Will they blonde his hair, you think? It’s awesome. Think about it dude, they use to make fun of Aquaman all the time. Aquaman, he only talks to f****** fishes. F****** say that to that dude’s face.”

Well, there ya :censored: go!

:sumo:

When it`s all said and done Aquaman will be bigger then Entourage.

:)

One of the better Superman arcs was the aftermath of Superman killing three Krytptonian criminals. It was his worse-case scenario, so he removed himself from Earth and headed into deep space.

284px-SupermanExile.jpg

I haven't seen or heard of this before but I'll definitely be checking it out now, thanks (thumbs u

284px-SupermanExile.jpg

I haven't seen or heard of this before but I'll definitely be checking it out now, thanks (thumbs u

You're in for a real treat. (thumbs u No spoilers, but the timeline is important. In a way it's prequel to all the Death/Doomsday stuff. It's epic in scope and introduces new elements to the Superman mythos still relevant today. The arc went across Superman titles except Action Comics, where he was a no-show. Until his return...

$_35.JPG

284px-SupermanExile.jpg

With very few exceptions in his very long history, Superman did not kill his enemies.

Strangely enough it was not always this way. Early 1940 Superman was much less discriminating in his handling of mobsters and other reprobates, threatening them with great physical injury unless they complied.

It was early in the 1950's where he started getting his squeaky clean Boy Scout reputation complete with his Code Against Killing. Now part of this was due to the Comics Code Authority which mandated particular behaviors so most superheroes during this time cleaned up their act.

Superman is a bit less discriminating with robots (which explains why many of his enemies in the Max Fleisher's films were unintelligent robots. Back in the 50's and 60's artificial intelligence was much less well known so Superman treated anything which considered itself living to be so and was reluctant to kill them as well.

Superman's code against killing was nearly absolute during the Silver Age and wasn't effectively challenged until the Post Crisis (Superman #22) where Superman confronts the Phantom Zone villains from a parallel reality.

These Phantom Zoners murdered all six billion humans living on their world and were seeking a path to other realities. Superman confronts them, passes judgement for their crimes and kills them with Kryptonite from their reality (harmless to him).

This is his most famous act of judgement until he battles the monster Doomsday, where he and the creature battle each other to a standstill and kill each other with their last simultaneous blows.This is his most famous act of judgement until he battles the monster Doomsday, where he and the creature battle each other to a standstill and kill each other with their last simultaneous blows.

He has also killed Hank Henshaw (the Cyborg) by vibrating him to pieces.

Rather recently, in the alternate events of Injustice, Superman kills the Joker by punching a hole through his chest (after the Joker kills Lois and the (in utero) child of Supes/Lois).

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/37262/in-comics-how-many-people-have-been-killed-by-superman

With very few exceptions in his very long history, Superman did not kill his enemies.

Strangely enough it was not always this way. Early 1940 Superman was much less discriminating in his handling of mobsters and other reprobates, threatening them with great physical injury unless they complied.

It was early in the 1950's where he started getting his squeaky clean Boy Scout reputation complete with his Code Against Killing. Now part of this was due to the Comics Code Authority which mandated particular behaviors so most superheroes during this time cleaned up their act.

Superman is a bit less discriminating with robots (which explains why many of his enemies in the Max Fleisher's films were unintelligent robots. Back in the 50's and 60's artificial intelligence was much less well known so Superman treated anything which considered itself living to be so and was reluctant to kill them as well.

Superman's code against killing was nearly absolute during the Silver Age and wasn't effectively challenged until the Post Crisis (Superman #22) where Superman confronts the Phantom Zone villains from a parallel reality.

These Phantom Zoners murdered all six billion humans living on their world and were seeking a path to other realities. Superman confronts them, passes judgement for their crimes and kills them with Kryptonite from their reality (harmless to him).

This is his most famous act of judgement until he battles the monster Doomsday, where he and the creature battle each other to a standstill and kill each other with their last simultaneous blows.This is his most famous act of judgement until he battles the monster Doomsday, where he and the creature battle each other to a standstill and kill each other with their last simultaneous blows.

He has also killed Hank Henshaw (the Cyborg) by vibrating him to pieces.

Rather recently, in the alternate events of Injustice, Superman kills the Joker by punching a hole through his chest (after the Joker kills Lois and the (in utero) child of Supes/Lois).

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/37262/in-comics-how-many-people-have-been-killed-by-superman

This came up during the 'Man of Steel' movie where it was assumed Superman had never killed before the movie.

He had

Nobody is telling you that you must love Man of Steel. If you don't like it, you are actually in good company with many others that have not.

But Superman does kill other beings.

- Superman Vol 2, #22 (Zod & company)

2932470-Superman_kills_01.jpg

- Superman Vol 2, #75 (Doomsday)

doomsday-vs-superman-001_480_poster.jpg

- Superman Vol. 3 #3 (Heather)

2932482-tsup_03_019_copy.jpg

It would appear Superman, when forced into a situation where a being offers him no choice in order to protect the masses, will do what he must. But with regrets.

I forgot about this one until someone sent me a PM reminder.

- Action Comics #583 (Mxyxptlk)

Alan Moore's amazing contribution to the Superman "ending", with the line "That's right, Mxyxptlk. Time to die."

Screen-Shot-2013-06-17-at-8.31.14-AM.png

Looks like Superman continues to take necessary steps, when forced to.

:(

See, I was completely unaware of all of this and therefore when I saw MOS my reaction was :o:ohnoez::o . Let this be a lesson to the criminals of Metropolis/malicious beings of outer space and other dimensions, Supes has taken off the gloves :gossip:

See, I was completely unaware of all of this and therefore when I saw MOS my reaction was :o:ohnoez::o . Let this be a lesson to the criminals of Metropolis/malicious beings of outer space and other dimensions, Supes has taken off the gloves :gossip:

But he regretted it later. So at least he isn't a heartless killer.

But he regretted it later. So at least he isn't a heartless killer.

i think i was more surprise that they did it.

I wonder if this is being pulled together in preparation for the SDCC trailer.

More Football Scenes For BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE?

One of the buildings has the “S” shield spray-painted on it. It may be part of the rumoured scene where graffiti is cleaned off the giant Superman statue. You can see that there is a cream-colored building behind the green screen. Our source tells us the giant green screen actually resembles a football stadium with bleacher seats!

I guess they are implying in the article this is a Cyborg scene.