• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Copper Age covers

256 posts in this topic

news.gif Jim Carrey is slated to play Guy Gardner in the upcoming Green Lantern film.

My reactions upon reading this:

893whatthe.gif ... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I could get behind that. After all, we've had enough of the "straight-laced" superhero movies... isn't it time to start deconstructing the genre? 893applaud-thumb.gif

news.gif Jim Carrey is slated to play Guy Gardner in the upcoming Green Lantern film.

893whatthe.gif ... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I could get behind that. After all, we've had enough of the "straight-laced" superhero movies... isn't it time to start deconstructing the genre? 893applaud-thumb.gif

I just said that because he had the same hair as Guy Gardner in Dumb and Dumber.

I just said that because he had the same hair as Guy Gardner in Dumb and Dumber.

Damn you! Sure, I figured there was no way in hell Carrey would even pee on a project like that, but you made me THINK! Thinking make Khaos mad.

VERY MAD!!!!!!! frustrated.gif

I am suprised nobody has posted these ASMs yet. It took me awhile to find cheap, decent copies of these since the usually command 20-30 dollars at conventions....a big multiple of guide. Great story too!

10-08-2004022738AM.jpg

one of my faves that never gets any respect. Come on, its Art Adams & Sienkiewitz fer chrissakes!

27_laughing.gif I collected Art Adams for years, and somehow that cover slipped throught the cracks - I've never seen it! tonofbricks.gif

AWESOME COVER!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I remember how outraged people were when they heard Michael Keaton wasa going to be Batman. Don't assume that Carrey's Ace Ventura behavior will pop up in this role. He WAS pretty wicked as The Riddler. He certainly has the capability to do a straight superhero film. It's just a matter on if the producers want it to be a serious film, or a not-so-serious film.