• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic was advertised on ebay as unrestored, is not, do i return?

109 posts in this topic

Yeah, that's the book. I figured one of you would be clever enough to figure it out. Yes, the seller had excellent feedback, so it seemed a safe move. So the trimming is obvious to a trained eye? Great, dang it. What do I look for? An edge that just doesn't look natural?

The seller is responsive so far. Hasn't committed to anything. He doesn't believe it's restored.

He keeps asking to see pictures.

I said, "ok, look at the pictures you took to sell the item." Why would I take new ones and then throw it in the mail? The comic hasn't changed.

He said, "I guess we will have to wait and see."

I reminded him all that will come back is a slabbed book with a purple label on it.

If he's honest about not knowing it's trimmed, we are both equally bummed. I'm not disparaging the seller, but right now it is what it is. I noticed that the grading update now says trimmed in the pedigree slot, and the SA notice is gone. Said its at quality control.

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback.

Forget the resto.

Wasn't the back cover enough to warrant you not believing this book is even close to NM?

The eBay seller is an total POS scammer, but just form the pictures alone should have deterred you from bidding. (shrug)

I'm bumping this thread because it seems somewhat relevant to my question and I don't want to start a new thread for a simple question... anyway, I am in a similar boat now, just bought a book of ebay, and, once I got it in hand, I was suspicious it had been restored. After doing a little searching, i found the exact book in a cgc case with a purple label in a heritage auction from 2003. (Both books have identical, distinctive flaws.) So, I notified the seller, and he is agreeing to a return, but he also seems to expect me to return the book before he refunds my money. Is this the norm?