• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic was advertised on ebay as unrestored, is not, do i return?

109 posts in this topic

I guess he could just agree to pay outside of the ebay system? Yeah, basically he's getting rewarded with a slabbed book for posting a restored comic as not restored.

By the way, he changed his username this week.

.... you seem like a nice enough fellow, that's why I posted in this thread. I understand the desire for slabbed.... it adds protection AND value to an investment. For me, I like raw books to read and such and that's what I collect and from time to time, sell. Your best bet is really to hold out for the slabbed copy. Bargains can be had right here on these boards on occasion. Ironically, the best returns I've had on books were slabbed for which I paid, at the time, absolute top dollar for. Comics are long term and quality costs. Waterfront or swampland..... you have to learn to tell the difference. I'd settle for my refund on the 50 and eat the slabbing..... before the window closes. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I guess he could just agree to pay outside of the ebay system? Yeah, basically he's getting rewarded with a slabbed book for posting a restored comic as not restored.

By the way, he changed his username this week.

He's Clifford's Comics. He's been scamming on eBay for years.

I have an update. My previous tact to not trash the seller, giving him the benefit of the doubt, is gone. I did get my refund, minus grading costs. I sent it back slabbed.

What's he do? Crack the case and put it up for auction again, with the same unrestored guarantee. What a thieving loser. This guy needs to be reported. Bidding is already above 800 dollars.

I have an update. My previous tact to not trash the seller, giving him the benefit of the doubt, is gone. I did get my refund, minus grading costs. I sent it back slabbed.

What's he do? Crack the case and put it up for auction again, with the same unrestored guarantee. What a thieving loser. This guy needs to be reported. Bidding is already above 800 dollars.

Ebay handle?

Sorry to see you got taken. We all make mistakes when we're new at something. Yours cost you the grading fees, but on a $1K book it could have been a far more expensive mistake.

I'm curious as to why you sent it back slabbed? Shipping a slabbed book is more expensive than shipping back an unslabbed book. Plus, there's value to the slab. I wouldn't want to give this piece of filth anything extra. Unless the guy was offering to pay for the slabbing fees (which of course he didn't), I'd have cracked it and shipped it back with just the label. The label would be proof that you had the resoration check done, and at the same time he wouldn't reap the benefits of the slabbing you paid for.

Yes, I see that he had no intention of reaping the benefits of slabbing, and he's reselling the book as unrestored. In case anybody had any doubt about this guy's toolishness, here's the proof that he's as slimy as they come. Still, since there was no way to know for sure what he'd do with the book, I wouldn't have let him have the slab.

He's slick. Technically I didn't pay, since I got a refund.

Comic is here

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121184513797?nav=WATCHING&sbk=1

You need to leave him a big fat negative stating the book you purchased, that CGC said it's trimmed, and that he's selling it again as unrestored.

Wouldn't be nice to buy a restored book and it come back as unrestored...

... er wait hm

;)

I actually bought a Detective #45 on Ebay advertised as VF with color touch and it came back CGC Universal, No resto at all, and a 7.5 grade. It happens. :signofftopic:

:hi:

It sold, was returned , and is back up AGAIN. That's the 5th time by my count he's had this book returned...WHY doesn't someone leave a neg and save all those poor people who keep buying this????